Please ban the addon that shows parses in tooltips

Yes I don’t believe that.

WCL wouldnt do something to get their new addon banned.

I think you all think you know the TOS better than them and y’all don’t.

We all know the TOS we also all know blizzard doesn’t really enforce it when it comes to add ons monetizing themselves.

4 Likes

I mean no, you all think you know it.

For example I believe the WCL sub is just the sub to have access to more WCL data and comes with the alpha version of the addon, that might not be breaking the rules since you’re not charging for the alpha version specifically, it’s part of the WCL sub.

We don’t really know if that skirts a grey area, you’re all just assuming it does.

It is confusing that Blizzard is not following their own ToS policies and not taking advantage of a financial opportunity.

I’d like a full list of people involved in these paid addons. I’m willing to bet theres plenty of blues involved.

6 Likes

/shrug the TOS doesn’t matter if blizzard doesn’t want to enforce it.

It has nothing to do with skirting a grey area, WCL just knows that nothing will be done about it so it doesn’t matter.

4 Likes

Yeah, so you really got to ask WHO is making the money that the people at Blizzard who COULD stop it, wont.

1 Like

So do you want it banned or not? You’re not winning anyone arguing on behalf of paid addons. Nuke this garbage from orbit, it’s against the ToS.

4 Likes

Seems to me like this breaks the first 3 rules of making addons in the first place. At the very least rule 1 is pretty indisputable.

5 Likes

:joy: they literally won’t do anything about it or they would have done something about rested XP or zygor or weakaura raid packs which have been out for eons.

If y’all do something more than auto attack for the raid I’m sure you’ll be just fine

I never defended the paid addon anywhere. I think people are confusing supporting WCL having a premium sub and supporting that, with supporting paying for the addon.

Paying for addons has never sat well with me, but the whole reason I made this thread is that parse culture has gotten out of hand in the game and this addon is only going to exacerbate the amount of toxicity we’re going to see in wow. The only people who can help shape the community to be less toxic is Blizzard at this point and a good start in doing that would be to ban addons like this one.

All the addon lawyers out in full force today.

1 Like

All the dunning-kruger rejects are out in full force today.

2 Likes

I’m all for the addon. The game can’t get much better so may as well add another layer of toilet paper on the poop that SoD has become.

I remember Kihra telling me at one point during that time that WCL costs – well I don’t want to say the amount of it was a LOT – to run. People doubting their overhead costs have no idea how much sheet computing power is required to do what WCL does. Even running SimCraft on your home PC back in the day could easily run up your power bill.

It’s also true that Kihra spent his own money on WCL for at least the first several years but I can’t speak on a decade.

Yall, complain about the Patreon and TOS violations all you want, but attacking him by saying he is stealing is just baseless and nasty. Further, it makes people not want to even listen to the rest of what you’re saying. Be better pls.

also Hi Zolvolt

1 Like

It’s violating the rules I simply don’t care about the justification, how much servers cost, how nice the creator is. None of that matters. Get it out of the game until all features are free for everyone.

5 Likes

WCL is free for everyone though? :+1:

That’s a good point.

Paid addons are against ToS. And this is far worse for the game than a restedxp leveling guide.

If blizzard doesn’t enforce their ToS pretty soon other addon developers will follow suit.

5 Likes

I can’t wait for its release.

This guy again who think he owns the data from logs cause he’s a share holder…