Please ban mages who open portal in BGs

I just did it myself im in tears crying, like 15 people left LOL! Jaina’s locket OP

4 Likes

Mage portal griefing is nothing shouldve seen the chaos from people abusing the guild perk mass summons ability before Blizz removed it

2 Likes

Nah nah nah, that’s small fry compared to the greatest troll ever: exploding pets in the auction house.

2 Likes

I support your message, Op. Keep on keeping on. S.S.D.D.

Amateurs try seeing 500 people dropping the toy trains with their constant wooo chuga chuga then somebody wanders in with the little XT

Talk about nails on a chalkboard but imagine them going 500 mph

1 Like

Well I mean if you’re dumb enough to even click them then thats on you.

“But it was on top of something else.”

Still you shouldn’t have clicked. :rofl::woozy_face:

“But the free buffs from mage food,etc”

Still is it worth it to click it if you see a portal on top of it? :thinking:

Yea it does suck that mages are doing it…but if you keep on getting ported in multiple cases…then that’s really to me a you solution to easily solve “till/if” blizz does anything. And that solution for now is to NOT click if you see a portal on things. :wink:

1 Like

I think they should just change the way those portals function - they need to have a smaller footprint and maybe mages need to have a cool down on making them if they can’t behave themselves.

3 Likes

You mean all this time I could’ve been doing this?! So much wasted potential…

(This is actually the first time I’ve even heard about this and personally haven’t seen it myself. Seems like something pretty easy to avoid once you’ve been fooled once, though.)

4 Likes

Yeah but when the portal is directly in front of a hostile target you cant help but click it sometimes

This is the same kind of trolling that hunters would do with cheetah aspect or pallies put divine intervention on a healer players purposely do it just to cheese off others

Blizzard could easily change it to disable portal casting in BGs same as they did for certain eng items and this would stop…well until they found the next ability to use for annoying team mates

Haha, sorry.

In the old days, our guild mages would put multiple portals at the same spot so you got portal-roulette, where you end up, nobody knows.

“Dammit why am I in Stonard?!?”

At least they didn’t have the Dalaran Death Drop portal back then.

Have a little funny in your srs bzns gaming.

2 Likes

¡El oh el!

Mages did this back in Wrath when we had to click on the portal in Dal to enter Wintergrasp

1 Like

i had a friend healing a group, he was being cocky and saying he was the best and to give him a challenge. so i mis-directed on him and went HAM. My favorite wipe ive ever caused, he and I had a great laugh, the rest of the party didnt see the humor in it… killjoys…

2 Likes

It is? Or are you just going to click on the portal?

Those aren’t portal, they’re noob filters.

But seriously, it’s ridiculous that you can even cast those in a BG…

3 Likes

I thought Raider IO was a noob filter

The hitboxes are huge. just right clicking to move your camera can be bad.

1 Like

Dropping the portals is griefing. It is funny to do, but if you get a serious enough GM to answer the ticket you could be seeing some repercussions.

Players : “Blizzard sees fun, Blizzard nerfs fun!”

Also Players :

It really isn’t fun except for the sadistic troll.

6 Likes