Please ban GDKP's in Classic Cata

It’s no different than using DKP for your raids only that this time the thing you’re using is actually tangible and isn’t up to the whims of power tripping guild officers. You can farm it outside of guild activities, it can only ever be deducted at the players discretion and it’s by far the most fair loot system.

Loot council is inclined to bias, whether that’s nepotism or otherwise but it’s the best loot system in a perfect world.

MS > OS is just a roll of the dice, which I can see some seeing that as fair since everyone has an equal chance of winning or losing but I doubt anyone would like to see loot going to someone doing 5k dps because they were afk for half the fight and then died to fire on the ground.

EPGP causes suck ups to the higher ups in hopes of getting more points than the other suck ups. In nicer terms it causes forced guild interactions instead of natural ones all under the guise of getting ahead of everyone else, now I know that there’ll be people that’ll deny this but if it can happen, it will happen.

GDKP is an auction, most gold wins, which can and does cause some of it’s participants to RMT but while that is an issue, the allure of GDKP’s isn’t in the loot alone, it’s the pot at the end where everyone gets a cut of the gold spent regardless if you yourself spent gold. It’s the reason why some players will continue to raid even if they don’t need anything, the gold alone is reason enough so that then they could send that gold off to a different character and buy gear for them.

It’s why SoD raiding took such a nosedive after the GDKP ban, they now have no reason to raid, they have their gear, why continue? I’m sure those numbers will pick up again for 60 content but I doubt it’ll hit what it was at 25 > 50 unless Blizzard does drastic changes.

Buying gold for GDKP’s is quite honestly such a waste of money, you’ll get the gold for free just from the GDKP pots. The people that buy gold are the ones who are impatient, the ones that want the gear as soon as possible, the ones that want to stop playing that character or Classic all together until the next phase comes only for them to do it all over again.