Please allow normal flying in War Within on Day 1

Well it’s a good thing wow doesn’t have a NoClip unless you’re using a 3rd party cheat.

This happens regardless if you can fly or not.

How is that important to anyone other than the player doing the afk’ing? You wouldn’t even know if a player is afk’ing. What difference does it make if the player can hover afk or just log out/hearth/fly to the top of a mountain? I don’t see any difference.

I guess that really does end the “Which is the better form of flight” argument doesn’t it.

One is irrelevant, the other needs to be controlled so it’s not game breaking.

We have a winner.

2 Likes

It’s a large part of why everyone loved vanilla. And wanted to go back to classic.

No. Players asked the devs to re-create the vanilla/ tbc open world experience. Players just didn’t like the answer.

That’s disingenuous at best.

Citation needed.

2 Likes

This is an mmorpg mate. In order for it to feel rich and full, you need to see other players.

What does flying have to do with this? We’ve had flying in wow since 2007, where have you been? This is still an MMO and you still see other players to this day.

4 Likes

Sharding, layering, phasing, all get used on retail servers.
Do they get used on classic servers?

1 Like

Flying “worked” in TBC because this game was mostly populated by vanilla veterans. It stopped working in MoP. The devs, long before Ion talked about it and talked about wishing they had not added flying to begin with.

I guess we are pretending people have not complained about this.

You’re telling me flying “worked” because the game was populated by a section of players who dislike flying? Is that what you’re trying to say?

Citation needed.

2 Likes

No, it worked because the game was mostly populated by players that understood grouping and communicating were part of the mmorpg experience.

It’s very simple. Oqueue. Auto-join. Tag something at 10%. Loot. Scoot. Repeat.

Players that want to do group content still understand that. Those that don’t want to do group content keep to themselves. How does flying factor into that at all? You seem to be reaching.

Again, how does flying factor into this? If there was no flying people would just sit on their ground mounts, auto join, tag, loot then leave. Flying makes no difference in either scenario you’ve presented.

You just seem like you hate flying and are grasping at ridiculous concepts to try and make your point.

3 Likes

This is the mindset that flying as well as much of the other “convenience” has created.

If you choose to ignore why classic or sod are popular or why so much of the retail open world feels hollow, you do you.

What exactly does that have to do with grouping and communicating? You quote someone talking about gathering which has been done solo since your precious vanilla. You continue to grasp at straws.

Classic and SoD are only popular because of no flying. That’s what you’re saying.

Doesn’t feel hollow to me. Sounds like a you problem.

1 Like

No. Classic and SoD are popular because there is a great emphasis on the open world and engaging with other players. Which is a direct contradiction to the wod war on flying crowd.

Again, if you choose to ignore other player’s feedback, you do you.

This is retail.

You found an interesting way of saying “literally nothing else to do”

1 Like

You’re going to have to prove that. I’ve been 100% pro-flying since the beginning and I’ve been in raiding guilds where I frequently engaged with 4-20 other players on the regular. Oh this was post WoD in case you were wondering.

Some random, undocumented feedback? Nice argument.

2 Likes

They’re not, at this point it’s sounding less like y’all are sure they’re going to do it and more that you WANT them to do it so you can be right.

Same, our guild is very social, it just happens that most of the socializing is through Discord now rather than in game, because that’s an option we have now.

1 Like

Lol. You’re such a troll.