Please Add A Entropic Embrace Toggle

Nothing wrong with having that preference or want.

Skin color is not a theme of race. Like no one race owns skin or hair color, that’s akin to saying the elves should’ve never gotten darker shades for representation.

It may not last long , but it procs a lot. Also the OG concept of Void Elves, was to look like High Elves, or Void Form, with a Two Form Worgen toggle. But they didn’t think it’d be fair to the Horde to give the Alliance 2 races with a dual form option, so they axed it, and made the Blueberry skins that VE launched with.

Well I apologize for seeming disingenuous, I am not trying to. Just trying to add in extra justification for it, as most on here attack any kind of High Elven option request, and have for years. I am honestly extremely grateful for the NB options, and happy for NB mains.

Honestly I wish they would’ve given some more unique options to BEs to help alleviate this feeling, as all they got in shadowlands was a beard option from VE really, and some jewelry for females. Especially considering that BE lore has taken on some cool aspects, like teaming up and potentially mating with some NB, and more Light powers, not to mention their heritage they share with the VE on Magister runes/tattoos and far strider stuff. Because I feel like Blizz could’ve easily put a specifically Blood Elven feel to it, that would help create a more unique theme and aesthetic.

That’s fair, I just know the alliance needs something to seem more appealing to people. I was hoping for Naga or Jinyu/Ankoan in BfA to help with that, but instead we got Mechagnomes, lmao.

In your opinion, and you are fine to have it, but you have to realize that VEs were a grab and an awful jab at ppl who have wanted HE for years, and the VE player base is 50/50 with picking HE or VE options.

Blood Elves, were initially given to the Horde to help with the faction imbalance, and now the Horde is vastly outnumbering the Alliance. Which is why they won’t ever get Dark Ranger because it would kill the alliance.

San’layn were actually intended to be an AR instead of Mag’har, but ppl complained about “too many elves” so we got Mag’har.

The only unique options really should be Shadowy stuff for VEs and Fel & Light Stuff for BEs as that is the only REAL distinction in their races/factions.

As for getting druid, while I’m all for it, out of the two races, Void Elves make more sense for it. For one, the Horde already has more Druid options, and for two, VEs are made up of both HE and BE, canonically, and HEs are far more attuned to Nature then a BE. Not to mention that Nightmare Druids makes far more sense then Drust druids (Kul Tirans), and we even see Nightmare Druids in the lore.

Granted I’m a fan of both or either one of them getting druid personally, but if we’re sticking with lore applications for them, then that’s what they are.

1 Like

Again, I am not sure how digging through my account, and finding my priest, derails, or discredits my commentary or request for a VE toggle. The level of stalking that you took to try and then bully me, and discredit me, by sharing, only speaks volumes to the kind of person you are.

1 Like

It is stalking, you are literally trying to discredit me, and have been doing so, by mentioning that this is not my main. That is legitimately bullying. Also, just because it’s not hard to find, does not mean it is not stalking, it is STILL stalking. Not to mention you were the first one to point out that I had main, and that you took the energy to find it.

I’ve had to use alts, because when I am being nice, and just talking about options I’d like to see, in a public forum, that is meant to request these things, I am belittled and attack into nothing. I am not ashamed of any of my posts or requests, but I was not about to post this thread with my character, when I already know ppl will attack me for being a High Elf fan, as it’s already happened before on here.

4 Likes

I am all for velfs turning off Entropic Embrace, all or nothing.

2 Likes

Even if true, and I would need to see evidence especially for the first bit, all of that is irrelevant because the race is Void Elves, not High Elves, ergo they should have void options, not high elf options.

If folks want High Elves, they should be asking for High Elves. Like I do. Every chance I get.

Which reminds me: Real High Elves or Die! :candle:

(This board really needs signatures.)

3 Likes

I did not know this, do you have a source?

This is another one I have not heard of, do you have a source for this as well?

1 Like

This is not a feature for the Void Elves. :eyes:

2 Likes

Blood Elves were a mistake.

3 Likes

Hard no champ. Give the helfers an inch and they went a whole friggin marathon. This is what happens when you give in, noones satisfied with a few bits n pieces.

8 Likes

They’ve openly said that in BC they gave the Horde Blood Elves, because almost no one played Horde, and they figured the pretty race would balance out the factions, however since then it has been heavily skewed, as that is by far the most popular race, which why Void Elves are in turn, already one of the most popular alliance races, and their numbers grew when they got the skin tone options.

Ion stated it in a Blizzcon interview around the time Void Elves were announced, I’m trying to find the exact one, but if you search up Blizzcon interview, you get an endless sea of videos, lol.

1 Like

:raised_hands:t5:

I think core races in general that are lacking should be looked at before VEs get a third pass and then yeah more void options obviously all the way, but very much all of what you said!

6 Likes

I mean, you say a third pass, but to be fair, Void Elves are typically the after thought of what ever additions. Other ARs have had actual additions, where as VEs only get toggle switches from BEs. So in a way, they haven’t even had a full pass, for either Void Options, or High Elf options, because they easily could’ve created assets for either aesthetic, instead of just flipping some switches. Granted I do love that they flipped the switches, but in reality, nothing new was added into them. Unlike the other ARs that are getting some, granted they do need the love (the other ARs that is). The only core races that could be considered lacking however are Pandaren and BE. In my opinion.

But I do think they should be doing more with the Core racial heritage armors, that they just kinda dropped…

1 Like

It is what sets them apart from Velfs. Or was. Until people whined. Now you look like what you’re not supposed to look like.

They shouldn’t have. There is no “representation.” They’re elves.

Good. Deal with it.

It doesn’t. You asking for it discredits the request.

No it isn’t. :roll_eyes:

No you don’t.

We already know you are. This isn’t rocket science.

5 Likes

By definition, it is.

But anywho, this literally makes no sense. Someone asking for something, doesn’t automatically discredit the request.

1 Like

Really wouldn’t go there. The dark skin tones for Blood Elves are fine, but I agree with the rest.

3 Likes

Wrong. Your armory and stats are there for all to see and look at. That’s not stalking.

It does when it’s this ridiculous.

They added human skin tones to the human skin toned races, there wasn’t a need to add non void options to VEs in that regard as they were blue, I can’t tell if that’s what Rhielle meant but I assumed as much

I’d say OP bringing up the new human skin toned options added to the human skin toned races doesn’t really have a place in the convo of if VEs should have gotten an entirely second visually distinct set of options

2 Likes

She was talking about Blood Elves getting dark skins originally. Void Elves are a different story.

2 Likes

Same, I want to look like a Void Elf, not some blueberry.