Playing WoW Classic from US on EU servers

Wasn’t sure how it works because I made this account in US and have been gifted a month of WoW mem from a friend of mine who I will be playing with from europe. I wanted to know since Classic doesn’t have a purchase if I claim my month of membership and had it set to EU on battlenet will I be able to play on the EU servers?

Pretty sure same rules apply u will still have to create a EU account to play on EU servers.

1 Like

You will need an EU account with game time to play classic on EU servers

When I log in with my account though on the eu site it works though.

Blizzard accounts are not region specific, but wow accounts are. Especially for games like Diablo and overwatch

So what exactly is the difference between the blizzard account and the WoW account?

If the blizzard account isn’t region specific how would I go about making a WoW account for EU?

To create an EU WOW account, you can go to the Games & Subscription section of your account management page. From here you can “Create Starter Account” under the Starter Editions & Public Test Regions section. You’ll have the option to select the region of your new WOW account.

To access WOW Classic in EU, you’ll need to have an EU WOW account and subscription.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info.

I got a code for one month of membership, but I want to make sure it goes to EU instead of US because this account I’m posting on is US and I’m trying to switch over to EU for Classic. Is there something that will pop up to ensure my claimed membership goes to the EU account?

Where did you get a code? Those are usually region specific.

Gifted from a friend of mine in the guild I’ll be in for Classic from portugal. If I claimed it does that mean it will automatically go to the EU account?

If you received it from someone in EU who bought it, it should be an EU region code yea. Unless your friend went out of their way to get an NA code…

When you go to reclaim the code, it should give you a list of applicable accounts to apply it to.

The link to redeem a code is here:
https://account.blizzard.com/payment

Thanks for clearing it up was just paranoid I would mess this up somehow.

1 Like

If you want to triple check the code, I believe you can open a ticket and ask a GM to check the region for you, iirc.

Pretty sure Alvraen means the OP can open a ticket to see which region the code they were given is for :wink:

…now I feel dumb.

1 Like

No worries Belguilos :wink: Nothing wrong with trying to help out! I still make posts and then realize I’m mistaken based on the wording etc!

2 Likes

No worries. I’m a non native English speaker so I can see how it can be misread.

2 Likes

Nah, I just completely missed “code” and read “account”.

If your bud wants to play on North American servers, as opposed to the EU servers, I am afraid so. They are in essence two completely different games, unrelated to each other. I am sure there are some regional laws and whatnot for this distinction.

Just like if you wanted to play with your friend on EU, you would need to have a separate sub for the EU license as well.

4 Likes