Playing classic WOTLK rn and it feels so much better than retail

Yeah, I think they should just go back to how WOTLK is and just use that as a template for further expansions, because I am having so much fun playing this pre patch of wotlk than anything retail had to offer in years

I actually finding my self wanting to log in more to WoTLK classic than retail.

36 Likes

:+1:

7 Likes

WotLK zombie event was the best pre-patch by far; the game itself, is another story.

8 Likes

Imo it was only fun after I had boa gear and could play on alts with weird builds for fun to make the leveling process more bearable. But the questing in the old zones and TBC was god awful I had to push myself to log in. Once I got to Northrend I rage quit the first time cause it required so much time to level I hated it.

The only good part I found was the end game when they added RDF to Wrath and being able to buy gear tokens. The pugs were horrible tho and people had a very elitist attitude and I wasn’t even on a popular alliance server.

0 post classic … duly noted OP, I’ll let Ion know how to kill this game quickly by listening to your advice.

13 Likes

Story? Maybe.

Gameplay is garbage though. You don’t realize the amount of quality of life improvements that have been made until you have to spend half an hour trying to kill mobs for a quest since anyone else touching one taps it.

18 Likes

Keep getting reminded of the classic players going all ‘‘come play classic, it always had this great community, blah blah blah’’ lol, total opposite just seeing what has gone on there. Worse than retail lol

17 Likes

Trying to play classic WOTLK, all I have is the queue experience.

I know it’s my fault, but all my friends are already in one of the over populated servers :frowning:

I think there would be a bigger queue when wotlk finally comes out in classic.

1 Like

No they shouldn’t because not everyone likes Classic. Hell so few end up sticking with Classic that they had to merge servers. And after all the hype of Wrath Classic, it’ll die down too.

They should keep both separate, for different audiences and people can play what they like.

3 Likes

we will see soon enough, wotlk is just fun as an expansion. org in my server in classic is full of people much more than in retail

and when i quests i actaully see people around lol unlike in retail where its literally just me

2 Likes

I just finished doing the DK scenario and I cannot uninstall fast enough.

What a terrible, antiquated version of the game lol

*was fun in 2008

18 Likes

How do you know if it’s much more than retail? Retail holds more per server and has crz. Depending on certain sources, retail can have as much as 2 million people playing it. Classic just had a major server merger.

1 Like

is* fun given its coming out in the 26th and by the looks of it a lot more people are enjoying it than retail.

I mean oribos is empty compared to how org is rn in classic wrath

3 Likes

Lol y’all keep digging up the same parrot every time a new classic gets dragged out :yawning_face:

It’s a flash in the pan and will be dead quickly just like the others.

Otherwise you’d be in your own forum talking about how much fun you’re having :wink:

13 Likes

i mean tbc and classic classic didnt get this much population influx lol.
Given also WoTLK was the peak of WoW.

But we will see how this goes tbh but rn it is still much more fun than retail

Love that there are two threads going simultaneously, bouncing between “WotLK was a nightmare I will never touch it after I level this DK” and this one lol. OP I do not think your opinion is as ubiquitous as you would like.

6 Likes

Vanilla player here. I did DK starting zone quest last night and also could not uninstall fast enough.

I really do think the Wrath love is purely nostalgia based on those who really got into the game during that time or first picked it up during that time. It’s kind of like a remedial version of retail. And got rid of all the cool things in vanilla.

And holy crap what’s with the dialogue at the end that takes like 10 minutes and is unskippable? Never again. I’m pretty much exclusively a retail and vanilla classic player now. Looking forward to next season of mastery refresh and Dragonflight.

5 Likes

how are enhancement shamsn in wotlk? i wanted to play one. I know that it doesn’t really matter realistically but were they in the dumpster? bc i know they got nerfed pve wise

no clue but more fun in wotlk than retail imo

1 Like