Playing a black human Experience

Perhaps it’s the server you’re playing on and the area you’re in.

Moonguard and Goldshire yet to boot. I’ve played on a handful of servers and it’s never happened in my presence. Sorry to disappoint you.

Sure was! It turned lighter in like Cata for some reason and then they brought it back.

That’s the plan boss, I’m out of town right now for a bit but When I return home thats exactly the plan.

1 Like

Yeah, tis why I know to… basically avoid Goldshire at all costs.
Only time I go there is for the Darkmoon Faire portal. Even then I zip through fast as I can.

Sort of. It was not as nice of a tone as there is now.

But people do just… make lv1 alts with the darkest skin tone, and run to Goldshire.

Then stay stuff that I’m not gonna repeat here.

I can’t fathom the mentality, and I do not think I want to.

2 Likes

I just wish people weren’t so quick to turn down the fact that people experience racism in this game, it’s very clearly a thing but people that don’t experience it seem to believe since it doesn’t happen to them it doesn’t happen at all, Very close minded and hollow people. If I could swear on my life and it actually ended my life if I were to lie, I’d still tell you multiple low level colored toons with part of my toons name have came out of t he blue to troll me.

1 Like

You were never forced to, dark( or black) if you will, skin options always have existed since Vanilla.

Do people just forget that those options did actually exist before the newer darker skinned options? I honestly don’t get it. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :point_down:

Humans come from many backgrounds and show great physical variety among all the races. Humans’ skin ranges from dark to light and may have tones of other colors.

2 Likes

I play a purple NELF

No one is condoning that.

Sadly there’s always going to be those people. Nothing will ever completely stop it. The best thing you can do is report it and put them on ignore.

1 Like

Pics or it didn’t happen

Yeah when I say black I mean black… the darker skin tones previously just looked like a white person had been sitting in the sun too long. also You ignore the fact that we didn’t have African American features until now…

2 Likes

Just because it’s a shade of dark that isn’t black as you wanted, doesn’t make it white/light. It still have existed before. So back then, if you don’t want to play as a light shaded human, then there ya go.

That’s what I do, also I hope people understand this isn’t a complaint thread. I honestly just wanted to see others experience.

That’s like telling someone that wanted to get a certain shirt in purple but it was out of stock and someone told them “ here this ones pink it’s close enough”.

5 Likes

Not in the way I hoped.

What way did you expect it to go? You’re posting from the perspective of one particular race and shooing away everyone that’s not of that race. What else would you call that?

do they ever?

You’re gonna be hard-pressed to convince me or other people that the darkest skin option prior to Shadowlands is white or light shaded. I mean that’s like saying Blue-Purple is a warm color, when it’s obviously a cool color for the amount of blue it has.

?? I said this thread wasn’t targeted at you not that you couldn’t participate in it. There are many people in this thread that probably aren’t black and posting here just fine, you’re taking things out of context.

If the previous “ black” skin tone to you was black idk what to tell you, and you’re nitpicking I also pointed out the lack of African American futures until now. You gonna say we had Afros since vanilla too?.

1 Like

I’m still upset that there aren’t more Asian options (aside from Panderans, of course). Why have they been left out? Are they not vocal enough? Oh yeah, it’s because they don’t care. Despite the fact that they’re the most abused racial group these days, they’re not making a big deal out of it…

If the darkest skin before shadowlands is “White” to you, idk what to tell you either.

Because whenever this topic in particular comes up, a lot of people involved always seems to forget about the darkest skin option for humans, and think this is the first time it was implemented. Yes, it’s not African American specifically, but at the end of the day, it’s just a darker shade then the one we previously had to a lot of people to pick and choose from.

No, why do you think i would have that thought? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m simply pointing out that we had a darker shade option prior to shadowlands and that you’re not forced to play lighter shade humans because that option was afforded to you back then, and you still have that option in addition to the african american skins. The only thing i can think of why you don’t think the darker shade pre-shadowlands are white in your opinion, is because of the newer models, which does admittedly messed up the colors a bit during it’s transition.

Speaking strictly on Vanilla (or Classic if you want), i’ve went to the WoW model viewer and took the default character they used and used the darkest skin color available for that guy.

And make no mistake here, all customization options are good because it adds more options for the people to make their avatars however they want to, because it enhances the experience of the game they have, or in some cases, add to gameplay to certain people who digs customization options.

I honestly agree with you on this one, because they have face poses in their animation banks whenever they need for a face structure or such, and they could’ve at least used that for the Asian faces really for the eyes. It does seem weird on why they show it off but then proceed to not use something like that.

1 Like