Players vs Developers

The statement “it’s Blizzard game they can do what they want” is so obtuse it’s become a meme. Of course it’s their game!

BUT when they decide to keep implementing content that players are so adamantly AGAINST, anyway, it’s come to the point that said players quit!

Not JUST your random kids but also top name streamers and YouTube channels as well.

It’s come to the point I ask myself if the players know what’s better for the game more than the developers.

The developers “HEAR us but the just don’t LISTEN”.

And I really think that’s the main issue these days. This next major patch is really going to (make or break) this expansion for alot of players. I hope Blizzard follows through.

10 Likes

More like the the devs hear us but don’t care. The OG Blizzard philosophy is gone. People like to claim that it’s big bad Activision, and that Blizzard are fighting tooth and nail to stop them, but in reality Blizzard and Activision are working together.

10 Likes

If you can find ONE thing the entire playerbase can agree on is bad and unwanted, you might have a point.

5 Likes

This is why people are perfectly fine dealing with things such as loot boxes.

4 Likes

You don’t have to be a dev to know what a good game is. BFA is not a good game.

16 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t pay me to make their game good. I pay them to do that.

When they do; I pay them. When they don’t; I don’t pay them.

This has worked pretty perfectly so far for me.

3 Likes

None of you people can even agree what a good game is.

5 Likes

But a lot of people agree that BFA is not a good one. Of course people are going to have different tastes about what is good, but it’s a lot easier to tell what is not good.

1 Like

No, it isn’t. And a lot of people enjoy BFA. So again, why should anyone listen to a playerbase that can’t even decide if something is good or bad? At least game developers are a unified team. They all have, on some level, a clear vision. Gamers can’t agree on a single thing.

3 Likes

Blizzard used to have a team of seasoned mmorpg developers who poured their heart and soul into World of Warcraft. Now we have a mixed bag of interns, Diablo refugee’s, a few older WoW dev’s, and some randos that came from nowhere.

7 Likes

Because a dev team that consists of like 30 people isn’t going to be as diverse as several million players. The more people there are, the more diverse their opinions are.

BFA is one of the lowest points wow has ever been. There’s a reason several guilds that have been together for years are falling apart left and right. IMO it’s worse than WoD because at least in WoD, classes were interesting and fun.

8 Likes

Careful to not feed the trolls.

Of course no one in the community you can agree on one thing. It’s the majority that does and then even in the real world the majority rules.

Majority doesnt always win, not even in the real world.

2 Likes

At the end of the day, you can’t run a game without customers.

WoW would not have lasted long if Vanilla played like BFA, that’s just the fact of the matter. There’s been a pretty insane drop in quality and removal of features since after MoP. It’s pretty disgusting.

12 Likes

You might not like that people follow streamers and other “influencer” types, but it’s pretty silly to just pretend like they don’t matter.

5 Likes

Don’t mind him, he’s just some random forum user. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LMFAO! good one sir!

Activision drives the decision making. The devs hear you. The suits say no.

I think you mean Activision, but Blizzard is just as guilty.

Blizzard is the reason why the game is like this, no one else.

1 Like

yeah activision. they’re all the same anymore.