Players vs Developers

Activision sets the goals, ultimately, Blizzard decides how those goals are met.

Acti oversaw the game for Wrath and MoP, I’m more inclined to believe Blizzard’s current staff is more at fault.

3 Likes

They don’t matter. Most of these streamers are a racial slur away from getting “cancelled” or end up just dumping the game completely to do TikTok. So excuse me if I don’t dawn over a twenty something who is just going to be doing the Floss on Dollar Tree Vine in six months to stay relevant.

1 Like

She. Surprise, girls play WoW.

Cool, don’t care.

5 Likes

They don’t matter to you. And not all streamers are Asmongold. But you go ahead and paint Hazelnutty with the “racist streamer” brush to try to make your point.

Personally, I think people who hate all streamers are just jealous that those streamers are getting paid to play video games.

5 Likes

He’s just a fan boy. He’s on blizzard and Activision side no matter how big the play of crap they force feed him, he’ll be happy to eat it.

2 Likes

Pronouns and whatever people want to call themselves are neither here nor there anymore.

unstable playerbase of unreported numbers can’t agree on anything.

fans both love, and hate the game.

It’s easier to say the number of people who aren’t interested in the current game is larger than the number of people who are currently interested.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, the people who don’t like BFA don’t matter, as they’re no longer paying customers. So at this point catering to them would be nothing short of a gamble.

1 Like

Yeah, and there are people who think the Earth is flat. Doesn’t actually make them right, now does it?

There are also people who make their living debunking flat earthers.

Again, she. And just because a bunch of nerds don’t like a game doesn’t make them experts in game design. Unless all of you actually get a diploma from MIT or USC or any school program with a legitimate game design program, you’re about as serious as a YouTube comments section.

They don’t have to be “experts in game design” to have a valid opinion. I don’t need to know how to edit video to know that the movie I’m watching is crap.

4 Likes

Except that developer’s have to design with the intent of making money, not just a quality game. You’re operating under the idea such development is being done purely for quality and is not considering the cost benefit analysis.

Because having a flat is earth is objectively false. That’s why it doesn’t make them right. Game design is subjective, there is no right answer for it. However, many agree that BFA is the wrong answer.

So unless you’re an expert you can criticize and come up with solutions? The only way you can give input is getting a degree in the matter? Next time the food at dinner is cold, you can’t criticize it, you have to just deal with because you’re not a professional chef.

2 Likes

Raven

I would point out that many of the developers who made “EQ Light”…er WoW are now gone…and those that are left are making “WoW light”, which has cost them.

Looking strictly at player base, There are likely more who would be interested in WoW if it was more like it was at some point between WotLK and Cata than are currently playing.

Ions “you think you do but you dont” has changed to “ok we are going to do this” because a good segment of the gaming community is making the demand for the game as a concept that was 15 years ago as opposed to the gaming direction now.

AAA game studios are finding out just how much their audience isn’t thrilled with their monetization and idiot-proofing of their games. Many people play games to be challenged in an entertaining way.

Going back to the EQ discussion. Kithicor at night…scary as all get out because you couldn’t see more than 5 feet and the skeletons would find you. Memorable yes…would even grumble about it…but its a fond memory.

You can’t be serious right now…

That wasn’t Ion, that was J Allen Brack, the Destroyer of Games.

5 Likes

You constantly make anti-retail posts, including some downright trolling ones.

1 Like

All of these are the exact same.

Being a streamer or youtuber doesn’t make them anymore important when leaving.

Most of an expansion is mapped out way in advance. So changing a lot of things mid expansion isn’t as easy as many people think in my opinion.

The real test weather folks who hate Bfa are right or not will be the next expansion when changing some of the things forum people bitc* about is more of a possibility.