Player is Banned (72 Hours) for World PVP

They can go to cs forums, gd can’t do a thing about it.

The player is not the one posting here. It wouldn’t help to post in CS either, honestly. But you’re also not allowed to post it there.

I went and looked at it, not going to click your youtube video.

Youtube video is part of the reddit thread, so apparently you did not.

This reminds me of the time I posted a video on YouTube and the next day the police came and unjustly arrested me for illegal dog fighting.

It’s pretty graphic but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx3It3Jr5rA

I read his post, not going to give him views on youtube.

1 Like

Blizzard can ban you any time they feel like it and they don’t even need to give you a reason. I should know, I got banned from the forums for “Harassment” when I told another poster to fact check before posting this garbage. Another time I was banned for “harassment” and when inquired as to why so I won’t repeat it again I was threatened by the person handling the ticket and they said if I send them another ticket they will perma ban me for harassing Blizzard staff. I can only assume that moderator was eventually fired because that exchange was deleted from my ticket history. Hell just yesterday I made a thread about people (no names posted mind you) who were blocking griftah and the letter in shattrath for the hivemind chain with their oversized mounts and it was deleted. Not sure if those people were punished for their disruptive gameplay behaviour.

I believe whatever punishment is up to the GM’s discretion. I only wish there was some supervisor or something we could email our ticket, the punishment and evidence to prove the punishment was unjust but I would only guess that would be abused with filing false claims.

Which post? The video is another example and isn’t the reddit OP either.

There’s no text version in the reddit thread about what the video discusses.

The one the op linked to reddit saying he was wrongly banned. I was not going to his video, not going to give him views or link anything to this streamer. This thread should be going bye bye soon once the mods get to work.

Wow blizzard is banning people for world pvp when they are promoting the war in this expansion now?

I dont know whats worse people reporting others for wpvp when they have warmode on or blizzard banning people for doing wpvp.

Wtf blizzard and you wonder why warmode is dying.

“I don’t want to see evidence that is contrary to my view point so I’m just gonna not watch it”

1 Like

What do you know, I was right to believe that guy. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/a6va7p/comment/ebzmg4w

10 Likes

Yeah, sounds about right.

This sort of thing used to happen a lot on Overwatch - people appealing bans because ‘they didn’t do anything wrong!’

Except, y’know, they don’t tell their whole story and the GMs absolutely destroy them with a response of what they actually did.

Guy got what he deserved, honestly.

1 Like

LOL, another “i didn’t do anything wrong!” idiot wrecked by a Blue.

5 Likes

Okay seems legit. Pack it up boys we’re outta here to greener pastures.

Lol, I knew there was more to the story, he got owned by a blue after trying to play victim, priceless.

2 Likes

This.

The person banned even posted on reddit that he can only “assume” that the ban was due to wPvP, and not because of something else.

Somehow I doubt the person being banned is telling the whole truth about the situation.

2 Likes

To my knowledge in game interactions between players is not micro managed like that. Chances are his ban is legitimate and he’s probably not sharing the full story.

4 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/a6va7p/account_suspended_for_disruptive_gameplay_world/ebzmg4w/

Hey Morajin,

First, let me assure you that this action was not taken due to any participation in world PVP. I can understand how the timing of the action could have led you to that conclusion so I want to make sure we’re clear that it was not related. We would not find actions, such as taking over a flight point or quest hub, to be actionable offenses. Players have the option of disabling War Mode or organizing a counter attack with their own faction to retake the area.

What you were suspended for was ongoing targeted harassment of others. We investigated a report we received and were able to verify that, after being placed on ignore, you continued to harass another player through in-game mail using multiple characters on your account. Your messages were not limited to a single person; you harassed other associates of this player with unsolicited mail. We provide a number of tools to allow players to moderate their own social experiences in-game. Bypassing this feature to continue unwanted interactions constitutes disruptive gameplay and will result in account action, including silencing or suspension from the game.

I hope this helps to clarify the reason for this penalty. I suggest that in the future if someone places you on ignore that you do not try to contact them either directly or through their associates.

8 Likes

Happened to me after I got silenced and didn’t even receive an email telling why I was silenced and for how long.

1 Like