Player is Banned (72 Hours) for World PVP

30% bonus for alliance and 72 hour bans for horde. Alliance bias confirmed :crazy_face:

1 Like

What merits?

Youā€™re blindly assuming someone is lying because a corporation that is making a lot of questionable decisions that do not line up with their original value proposition of this product would never be wrong.

Youā€™re not making a good case for yourself, to be honest.

3 Likes

And you sound like a flat Earther.

3 Likes

Not, not a belief of mine.

Iā€™m a huge Blizzard fan, and am not often critical of their choices.

This, however, is scary, so Iā€™m pointing it out.

There is nothing wrong with farmers and your assumption that they were a ā€œChinese gold farmerā€ is wrong. I remember people sending me tells saying ā€œrespond or I am going to report you as a gold farmerā€ while I was farming in Vanilla. I mean of course I was gold farming those epic mounts are expensive.

1 Like

Iā€™m probably one of the biggest wow shills out there when it comes to game decisions and mechanics but when it comes to moderation both on the forums and in game there is a lot to be desired. After that 72 hour for telling someone to at least get to level 120 first before complaining about no content to do, I have little faith in the moderation team.

2 Likes

I feel the same way.

Well said.

If one person in that reddit thread is to be believed, apparently the OP was harassing people via in-game mail. If thatā€™s the case of course he would get suspended.

5 Likes

Even so, a 72 hour ban isnā€™t appropriate for harassment. That would fall under a 72 silence or a 12 hour suspension.

1 Like

I am not sure why people seeing a video of him PvPing as proof of that being why he received a suspension.

3 Likes

Depends on what he said, no? Either way it seems like heā€™s not telling the truth.

3 Likes

I find it odd that you believe a random commenter before you believe the person who got suspended

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to sit through a 57 minute video, but I am going to question the veracity of his claims because the video starts in the middle of him pvpā€™ing someoneā€¦ What happened before? As in most ā€˜i was wrongly bannedā€™ cases, my guess is that there is significant information missing.

6 Likes

Blizzard is ruining the fun of what world pvp is all about. They let 20man 30man 40man 60man 80man multiboxers disrupt the servers for years and are worried about a 5man group.

Ok supposedly for harassing players, right? Was he arguing with people, using foul language while he was doing said pvp? We all know how people will switch toons and try to get someone to stopā€¦

It really could be a million reasons. My take? Itā€™s 3 days. If you appealed it and it didnā€™t go through then take some time to catch up on Netflix. We arenā€™t talking about 2 weeks or 6 months.

Most of the time when people go on to r/WoW or the forums to complain about being wrongly banned, theyā€™re not telling the full story. He also replied to the person in question and seemed to know who they were so yea pretty sure Iā€™m willing to believe that person over them.

4 Likes

Dude the character(a rogue because of how rogues could kill mobs back in vanilla without good gear) was wearing questing greens for level 40s and literally stayed in the exact same area in the burning steps for a whole year. Never upgrading gear.

This was SOP for Chinese gold farming companies in vanilla.

And yes there is something wrong with Chinese gold farming companies disrupting the game like that. There were

Because why would anyone believe that he got banned for normal PvP? Did his entire group get banned?

1 Like

After seeing the disaster that is moderation on this forum I would believe anything to be honest.

3 Likes