Player Housing - What I'd be happy with

They first tried player housing and called it Sunsong Ranch. Instanced, a garden with plots and decorations/additions, a house with a small amount of changeable stuff, an early iteration of mission tables, etc. If they had simply improved and enlarged on that, we would have had player housing in the next expansion.

The garrison is everything that player housing is not. Wildstar had player housing that was miles better.

Please stop sa ying they can’t do it - they have proved they can do it, all they need is the incentive. Negatives like yours do nothing to promote the idea.

2 Likes

And how is that any different from a garrison? It’s a small personal instance that will only serve to separate people and empty the capitols. If that’s what people want, then yeah, go for it, petition away. If people want something like FFXIV, an actual community type thing, that’s not happening in WoW without a decade of development in an entire other direction from what they’ve been doing. That’s what I was talking about, not personal little instances for people to sit in, I know they can do that.

You obviously have no idea how PH works. I have played in a number of MMOs and trust me, I don’t sit in my house staring at the walls for hours on end.

It is a cosmetic aspect of gaming; get your house, obtain decorations, decorate, admire and take pics, possibly invite your friends for tea - and leave. There is zero reason to stay. Blizzard would never again include options that failed as they did with garrisons. Even the newest game of that t ype, little Pallia, has player housing. If a small indi company like that can do it, how can you believe Blizzard couldn’t?

Did you miss the part where I said that had created an early example of PH with Sunsong Ranch? They know how to do it. All its needs is adaptation and improvement, its not like they are reinventing the wheel.

2 Likes

which, tbh, is a stupid complaint because nobody talks to anybody in public areas anyway, virtually all socialization happens on private discords and guild chats. you may as well be playing a single player rpg with bots anyway, and player housing or garrisons would have no effect on that.

It’s not the game systems, it’s the players.

I’ve been back in WoW for a little under a year or so, on and off, and I can count the number of actual in-world interactions with non-guild members in public areas that include talking on one hand. the majority of my open-world interactions with other players have been wordlessly killing the same mobs.

Garrisons didn’t do that. Toxic players did, people got tired of dealing with them, so now nobody socializes.

3 Likes

I use my House in FFXIV as an actual home. I decorate it, call my Retainers there to sell on the AH/collect my funds, etc., repair my gear, sell junk, meld my Materia onto my armor, use my targeting dummy, and it is where I log out from 90% of the time at the end of my play sessions. When I’m ready to stop playing for the night, I teleport to my house, go inside, do whatever minor things I need to do like sell, collect Ventures and such, and then log off. (kinda irks me that when I log back in, I am in my yard tho…kinda spoils the illusion there)

It really doesn’t have to be complicated. just move the Garrison from Draenor to Azeroth and make it evergreen, and I’ll be happy. Remove the mine and the herb garden or whatever if you need to, I don’t care about those things. add craftable decorations to each Profession, add Trophy Decorations to loot tables.

I would absolutely use and consider my Garrison as housing. The only problem I really have with it at this point…is that by virtue of it being on Draenor, it is intrinsically tied to abandoned content.

1 Like

Every profession could make stuff. In ESO each profession, including cooking, can make furnishings. Honestly I have no issue with them lifting ESOs system.

I’d love housing especially because they can use assets that exist, stuff they have for flavor in the game. A lot of it looks awesome and would make perfect furnishings.

1 Like

You people are insufferable. I almost want them to cave just to shut you up. How many years do I have to hear this same silly request

Player housing would actually be really cool. Is this something planned?

1 Like

Not at this time no. They have mentioned they’ve looked at doing it but gave no details. But as of now, unless they’re keeping it secret, they don’t plan to add player housing.

1 Like

Old Republic does this! They use already existing assets. New expansion or new planet releases, bam! New decos from it! All the same stuff you see in the new places.

It’s easy and perfect.

1 Like

How about this? Ignore any posts on PH. If it doesn’t interest you, why do you bother to interact? Is it just to insult people who like something you don’t?

It’s kind of pathetic, really.

1 Like

You must also remember that this game was never designed with such features to begin with like the other MMO’s that came after it that built those systems into their core game.

This is why the player housing subject is very iffy these days when it comes to the WoW player base. Garrisons ( no matter what people will say or don’t say) is that system was an attempt by Blizzard back in Warlords, it was over promised and under delivered when it comes to the closest thing to player housing in this game (again no matter what people say it was an attempt).

Unless WoW’s engine is built up from scratch to match the modern games, you will never see such systems par with those other games and that’s why WoW I think still has that charm still. If you ever worked on game design using engines 20-30 years old, your very limited compared to what you can do now.

Player housing might be the only thing they could do in this game from your list of features but the big issue is how it would be developed into the game using what Blizzard can do with the engine they have, it is that very simple and people on the forums can’t even agree with what player housing can do in this game or what they want as player housing.

One bit of an issue with player housing is how limited it’d be. There wouldn’t be enough space for everyone’s home. Not to mention the issue with loading so many assets from each player house just to make the environment of a single town.

It kinda falls into the Garrison design style.

I suppose they could make it visual just for a handful of players? Like, people who beat difficult challenges, like realm first mythic or some super high lvl of m+ dung. Everyone else gets to play with it too, but won’t be show to everyone.

IDK, perhaps you’re right. Im able to resist most of the time, but eventually I just see too many and I cave. I cannot wrap my head around why anyone cares about something like that in a game that’s got endless progression in terms of difficulty and personal performance.

You mean, like pet battles and collecting, like transmog, like those who like to complete achievements and do professions and collect stuff? The game is designed to appeal to people of all kinds of tastes. If it didn’t, you would end up with a very narrow, boxed in game that appeals only to those who do those difficult, performance-based activities.

I have not taken part in an organised raid in three years (because of my own personal limitations and health). I can’t do high-stress activities like higher level raiding, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love this game Ive played since 2009. I find other things to do. And PH would be a fun activity for me. PH would not be a core game activity, anymore than dragonriding is. Its a popular thing but it has little or no connection with raiding or M+. I don’t say it shouldn’t exist, just because I’m not fond of it. And I certainly feel that the game would be diminised if there were no raids.

We’re all different. I only hope the game keeps catering to that difference.

Without individual designs and furniture, it isn’t a house. So what you want is the halfhill farm from mists and not a house but with a portal to wherever you feel.

What I want is every race’s architecture as an option, I do not want things to be phased in some areas, but phased in some places probably. I want furniture of all kinds and 2 new professions(1 gatherer and 1 crafter) to go with it.

Well, you are a very reasonable person with well thought out remarks. I hope your health improves. If you would ever like some free mythic track vault slots, let me know.

1 Like

I appreciate the offer. I’ve had to take a break from any gaming atm…damned body being a mongrel right now. Perhaps if and when I’m more able to, Ill talk to you. :sunglasses: