Player choice Blizzard

It’s called “playing the game”.

It was never a thing.

Yes, just like killing mobs, walking, talking to npcs. Did you know you were forced to get on a boat to get to the Isles? What if the player chose to stay on land? What if you are against animal cruelty and chooses to never damage any animal?

Yes, because they made the game, and you payed them to play the game they made, not the other way around.

Exactly, you can either play the game, or not play the game and leave.

Yes, they clearly expect that, and it is a very reasonable expectation. That is why they make games for a living.

Because games like this don’t need any development, you can just go outside, gather a bunch of kids and pretend you are a dinosaur. What the game developers develop are the rules of the game, if you don’t want rules, you don’t need developers.

Yes, lets avoid making things in the game, otherwise the player might be forced to do them. Lets not do quests, otherwise the player might feel forced to do them because of the reward. Lets not do map geometry otherwise we will force the player to go around it. Why have mobs? Why have loot? Lets just go outside and pretend we are dinosaurs. F the system.

In classic you had to kill mobs to get xp. In TBC you HAD to farm and equip gear. In Wrath you also HAD to get on a boat to get to nortrend. OMG think of the children.

Oh… so… ok I’m confuzed now.

What people? The “I really really really want to stand still on the air” crowd? the “I have motion sickness” crowd? Or the “Omg I can’t play with one hand and I don’t want to buy a mouse with extra buttons” guy?

Funny enough I actually agree with all of those, however for an entirely different reason: Flying exists in the game and it is a well established mechanic. Every time you restrict flying you are just annoying the s out of people. Either stop this war against flight or just remove the thing from the game entirely, just don’t stop in this awkward position that is so absurd.

2 Likes

So they should just throw away all the zone design that is tied to dragon riding and progression then? Like they can’t just say sure here flying have fun getting all the treasures and quests and what not done for free the rest of the world is still progressing on.

How is this the literal last leg they have when they making money hand over fist lol.

1 Like

This is so accurate, I genuinely laughed and immediately told my friends it was Super Mario World flying… So simple. Genuinely don’t get why people are that upset about it.

Specially don’t get this “Player choice” line. It’d be like complaining that I had to get a class hall in Legion…

2 Likes

It should not be shoved in peoples faces.

I can sit here and support it but i support player choice. Yes it is an amazinf mechanic that took some getting used to. But my friend can not fly, she is pretty much grounded. She has trouble dragon riding and she isnt alone.

3 Likes

Only in GD will you find players complaining about things they enjoy.

1 Like

It’s an advertised and core component of the expansion. It’s like looking at Legion and saying it’s “Shoving it in people’s faces” to have Class Halls. Or any version of WoW and complaining about being forced to choose a faction.

3 Likes

Beta testers warned them about this.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Dude, if you don’t want restrictions in video games just go play Minecraft in creative mode.

2 Likes

Imagine dragons

2 Likes

That is not what the OP said.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

I seriously hope they don’t ruin dragonflying just because the people who pet battle and ERP in goldshire all day can’t learn a simple mechanic.

1 Like

Please tell me how it would ruin the game for you if pathfinder was patched in earlier than in Shadowlands? It wouldn’t delete dragon riding, you would still be able to use dragon riding if you prefer it.

6 Likes

you have a choice. just use ground mounts

In your opinion.

1 Like

you would still need to use it once in a while, and ground mounts aren’t practical for these zones, they were designed for flying

1 Like

Tilt camera down to pick up speed, tilt up to gain altitude.

SO HARD AND COMPLEX OMG

1 Like

The entirety of the first post is a complaint about dragonriding being ‘forced’ on players. Until the penultimate sentence, where OP admits,

Me personally i really like dragon riding and having a blast.

well see you in the next expansion karen