Player choice Blizzard

Whatever happened to player choice?

From what i can tell, you HAVE to do dragonriding to get around. Like it is pretty much mandatory.

Some dont want to do dragon riding or have anything to do with it.

Doesnt mean they hate the game, they want to play it THEIR way, not yours.

You put these systems in the game that some people just dont want to do and say, “there, shut up and do as we say or leave.” You expect people to pay you money to play YOUR way.

Why cant you develop a game that gives players the freedom to do as they want.

Everything you create in this game for the players should be built with the mindset of, “is this entirely optional or will it gimp the player?”

Wod, you HAD to build a garrison, legion, you HAD to do your artifact, BFA, you HAD to do the heart of azeroth and azerite armor, Shadowlands, you HAD to do covenants, soul binds. They were all mandatory. There was no player choice or freedom. We felt like we HAD to do it to progress our character. And now we are at dragon riding and renown.

Me personally i really like dragon riding and having a blast.

But i get where people are coming from. All we want is the freedom to play how we want.

21 Likes

Why, though? :dracthyr_a1: It’s basically day one flying (as the community requested) except even better.

34 Likes

Dragon riding is dragon grinding imho.

Its too constrictive for me. The should just allow the old flying in DF and increase the speed of our flying mounts.

14 Likes

Its the mechanics behind it.

My friend can not fly properly, she has trouble reaching stuff because she cant figure out how to properly fly. Its not normal flying, it has mechanics to it.

12 Likes

It’s kind of like this. Also just have them run around and grab the glyphs which takes maybe like an hour.

10 Likes

As long as I can literally walk or ride a ground mount to all quest objectives and whatnot, I’m fine with it.

4 Likes

It’s highly beneficial, but as far as I can see and from other player feedback, it’s not absolutely necessary.

5 Likes

I have yet to find a quest giver i cant reach by ground mount now that i think of it.

1 Like

Makes me wonder if dragon riding is going to go away at some point.

3 Likes

That is what makes it vastly superior. It was a stated fact that dragon riding was how we were going to get around.

4 Likes

I hope not. It is way to much fun. I wish we could use it everywhere.

6 Likes

See there’s your mistake. It’s their game, not yours. If you want to play it, you play the way the game was designed, or try a different game. This is true for basically all games. Even sandbox games have rules.

Throwing a tantrum on a forum accomplishes nothing.

12 Likes

And players like you ruin the game for others when they feel their opinion can’t be heard without dumb comments like this , this expac is the literal last leg to stand on for blizzard after the past 8 years of terrible expac launches and SL seen the lowest active player count in wows recent history , if classic wasn’t a thing the active sub counts would’ve been abysmal during SL’s shelf life , the forums are not meant to be an echo chamber of nothing but good and happy sunshine posts about the game , it’s meant for feed back and that includes both good and bad feed back , they can try to force “game designs” on players but that has long been proven to be a failing strategy for the company

9 Likes

Pretty sure they’ve already said the hope was to expand it to everywhere. The feedback has been largely positive (these forums are evidence of little, always).

I don’t love it or anything myself but it’s fine. It makes more sense from a game design perspective than regular flying (which is really absurdly powerful if you think about it and something devs have expressed regret implementing the way they did in the first place and now having to design around the expectations it brings). The whole player choice mantra is interesting because naturally it has to have limits - somewhere that choice does end and you have to play the game they designed or don’t. You can’t choose to get lobster at Burger King. It’s not the end of the world to just not like the game - an 18 year old game - and not play.

3 Likes

Leave it to the forums to cry about the best feature added to the game in a long time…

8 Likes

This is easily the most fun I’ve ever had at launch of a new flying system. It’s funny y’all don’t like it after one day.

4 Likes

Because people are terrible, and if you don’t give them direction the worst in most come out. So even video games have a set of rules, not just for the social aspects of the game but also of course the in game mechanics. The popular rule to talk about atm is dragon riding, it is in fact required, as it’s a main feature of the game. Almost like all the previous borrowed power systems… Bum… bum… buuuummmm

They could add a grappling hook.

I see some people talking people down about not being able to ride the dragon successful. Maybe they don’t have the right motor control for it and that happens.

I think this back and forth punching up and punching down doesn’t do anything to fix the problem some people have. It just ends up being a back alley brawl with people instigating you and making bets like you’re a pit animal.

2 Likes

Yep. There is always going to be people stuck in the old mindset who think flying as it was had not issues. I am glad Blizzard took notes from GW2 on this one and would like to see cool stuff with ground mounts as well.

2 Likes

these complaints are getting dumber and dumber.

3 Likes