Player Agency and Covenants

For some players - this is a treat in and of itself.

I just wish the devs could open their hearts to open covenants. I had so much hope for them after they gave us open essences in 8.2 but now i dont really think they deserve my money anymore. Not that my money ever mattered to them before but i cant support these devs anymore.

Yeah they do. Partly because the community perception is too strong to do otherwise. There are a fair amount of posts even in this forum that can back this up, too.

It’s a self control and bossy opinion to keep Covenants as is. The people who want to stick to one Covenant can do so even if the restrictions were removed

3 Likes

I had similar hopes. But while I know it’s not true, this game feels more and more like the devs are trying to make players feel like they’re being punished for wanting to play the game.

2 Likes

It definitely feels like that. I feel hated by the devs for wanting to have fun and swap around abilities for different content. It ruined the experience for me and just drove me away from wow. I keep telling myself that they might change their minds but the Ion and Preach interview pretty much confirmed that they wont change anything until 10.0. So ill play other games that feel less restrictive. Not that they actually care. All i feel from them is hatred and punished for something only mythic world first raiders do

Don’t forget, they a few weeks later took that away from alts that hadn’t gotten the cloak, but continued to shower them with useless corrupted gear they couldn’t equip or cleanse.

2 Likes

Well that was in 8.3 and it was annoying. But what I learned is that when rushed they give player friendly options for gear but when they have time to sit and develop something they make sure that restrictions are incorporated to the game. The most restrictive thing about essences was how to acquire them. Once you had them you were happy to change them at will.

On the plus side, it introduced me to ffxiv and I discovered that’s a game where the developers actually listen and respect their players.

2 Likes

Yup. Im playing ffxiv now. They give you all the tools you would ever want for your class, remove the annoying ones and give players what they want with new ones. Better class based armor sets, better class stories, more player freedom to enjoy the game without creating 101984 new systems every new expansion. Plus they have player and guild housing. And the devs always come off as humans that listen to th e players.

There is no such thing as pick X covenant if you want to enjoy your class or be stronger. That does not exist over there. Every class is made to be strong. Every mythic raid boss is tested to work with all comps.

1 Like

And THAT’S a meaningful choice

I don’t think they ever got taken away.

Wow, people were giving this feedback over a year ago and Blizzard didn’t give a whit.

1 Like

Feedback has been given since they first announced SL and covenants at Blizzcon.

Overall I hear great things about it.

Their community even wants bellular to shift his focus on that game over WoW.

1 Like

Well the community is not willing to change for any youtuber that says they are a former wow player. There are plenty out there and asmongold looks at them and is not committed to hopping over. So the community is asking an actual popular wow content creator to get his quality of reviews to ffxiv. Hes ultimately a decent content creator in that he actually creates and does not post reactions all day. I respect his craft and hope he gets better.

They make all classes strong in FF to mitigate extreme metas and people constantly re-rolling.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

Yup. Very cool to see. I hope he does it.

the 2 big FFXIV youtubers did their podcast on Bellular today! Combined with Bellulars video on his future direction.

I’m pretty much hoping off the WoW bus until they decide to stop punishing players for just wanting to play the game.

1 Like

Ill have to check that out, ill come back later and see what i thought of it