Playable Covenant Races

Very nice! Love that accent it gives.

1 Like

Thank you! I do as well.
I couldn’t come up with anything beyond these two options. I looked at the architecture around bastion to see if I could create some designs referencing that, but thought they would look too Lightforged in the end. I don’t know, perhaps I will look into more later; moving on for now.

2 Likes

Ok, hear me out… instead of having the actual covenant races as playable (since they’re pretty much supposed to protect and do stuff specifically in the shadowlands), why not make their assistants playable?

For example, the Stoneborn from revendreth, Stewards from Bastian, Maldraxxi (Big undead dudes without faces) from Maldraxxus and the Fauns or Vorkai (centaurs and satyrs) from Ardenweald.

Now this all sounds like a bit of a stretch, but the idea could be that the covenants sent some of their forces to aid Azeroth without abandoning the shadowlands themselves. The gear and models may also be a bit pushy, but maybe some new fresh models would spice the game up a bit and excite people again. Another solution could be, similar to the upcoming dracthyr, that they get premade armor customization. Now this would mean that you cannot really transmog with these races, but maybe they can have enough customization for it to be satisfying enough! The maldraxxi could have amazing helmet customization as it is a big part of their identity, for example.

1 Like

This thread is a dream that’s never happening. Blizzard was never put the work in for their gear, complete animations, etc.

Like i Said before you are making me want to to play a Venthyr

2 Likes

can only dream, maybe we will be pleasantly surprised for once?

1 Like

Love this idea! With Dragonflight coming out it’ll likely be a few years at least before they could make smt like this happen, since it’s a whole different theme now. But it’s still an awesome idea!

2 Likes