Playable Covenant Races

Oh thank you!

1 Like

How are you doing those character creator things with custom races? Seems like a fun diversion to mess around with. I’d love stoneborn playable. But I’d dislike that the men get wings on the back while women stoneborn have wings attached to their arms.

That made me chuckle.

I’m predominantly using Photoshop CC for these, and mainly using textures that are already in-game.

I also thought that was weird that the wings are in different places between the male and female. I do agree the Stoneborn would be an awesome addition.

Yeah… odd choice on the Stonewright’s part… wonder why she did them like that.

1 Like

Honestly Still hoping I can play a Kyrian, Stoneborne, Venthyr, Faun, or Vorkal, or owl thing one day. Or at least get some combat disguises.

3 Likes

Same here. I wouldn’t mind if they were simply soul shape options that our characters could stay in after leaving Shadowlands.

2 Likes

It is rather weird they made one for Kyrian/Mawsworn and Maldraxxi Necrophytes and just ended there…

I know. We have had awesome diaguises in the past to let us use many different models. I love the kyrians and they have some nice animations.

I think having an enemy combat disguise would have been fun.

Vorkal disguise would let us use the centaur model in combat.

The owlfolk would be cute to fight as.
.The stoneborn had a playable disguise during the campaign. There disguises as toys at least would have been greatly appreciated. Really love the broker disguise from the rare. It just feels bad when you get the red velvet cake instead.

2 Likes

As for playable race I would pick either Venthyr or a fey would be the best races. A fairy would be the best race to mess with someone in battlegrounds! Slyvar just seem too boring as a race and are just draenei with more night elf characteristics. I don’t see them giving angels as a race and I rather see a necromancer class than necrolords.

Stoneborne can also work but I really don’t want to see 10 thousand characters with the name goliath.

If that is the ONLY gargoyle name people remember from Gargoyles, they need to gtfo.

Especially since Hudson, Brooklyn, Bronx, and Lexington are actually named after landmarks XD…

Imagine if this was actually how names worked, you ARE the first thing you see…

I updated the OP to include the female Venthyr customization options I’ve created. I’m not going to create any accessories for them since there are already several hair ornaments and jewellery options in-game.

I’m currently working on the male Venthyr.

2 Likes

Hopefully you don’t see poop.

2 Likes

Finishing up the male Venthyr face customization options…and I thought the female was difficult :expressionless:

2 Likes

These are some customization options I’ve created for the male Venthyr.

The first row of eyes are the in-game defaults: below those are some I’ve created with pupils. The first face option is the in-game default; I created the others. I noticed that the in-game Venthyr don’t appear to have pupils or eyebrows as was depicted in the Revendreth cinematic; I wanted to create some options that reflected those depictions. I tried to make the new faces look like they still belong to the same race since the new eyes and brows really change the look. Notice how the faces become less grotesque and more refined as they move to the right.

4 Likes

Venthyr. <3

Just one note on the Venthyr playable race is that I like both kinds of eyes, the original blurry ones with almost no pupils (like the ones we currently have now in-game), as well as the new (bottom row) set of eyes with clearly more visible pupils and a more glowy color.

There’s just something more chilling and deadly about the original Venthyr eyes (in the top row like we have them now in the game).

Dead eyes are more blurred. I like that look. It’s more haunting and eery. :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :rose: :rosette:

2 Likes

I noticed your covenant races don’t show all the classes. Which I think would be nice for these since all the classes get covenant abilities relating to the covenant. Especially iconic ones like vesper totem, chain harvest. Since these are dead of all races mostly I think all classes would fit them.

The venthyr have stuff like sinstone elementals for example that make the good shamans. And have a night warrior in the venthyr using druid spells for example. So just mentioning that.

2 Likes

I like the in-game eyes as well. Thought I’d also make something similar to the cinematic eyes since those were a little more expressive.

The ones in game are definitely more chilling for sure.

3 Likes

Those are good points Terranox. I will make note of that in the OP.
Appreciate the observations!

2 Likes

More races are always awesome in an MMORPG.
Some of the covenant races are awesome, i’d love to see them as PCs.
My vote for each:

Kyrian- the blue people (of course)
Necrolords- the skeleton guys
Night Fae- Fawns
Vanthyr- obvs the vampires.

3 Likes