Playable Covenant Races

I’d actually say not permanent.
So at my core, I’d still be a Void Elf, but I could transform into a Kyrian out of combat without cooldown and customize it’s appearance like a druid form at the barber shop.
Two races in one sort of a thing.

This would allow them to focus their full attention on the game’s original concepts like, say, Naga and Ogres for a new core race duo, while still giving people who enjoy the SL races an outlet to RP and run around in the world as them.

Pretty much the penultimate blessing from our covenant of choice, and a show that we were /the/ maw walker who aided x covenant.

I’m conflicted about this. It would make death of all the other races inconsequential since they could just come back as one of these guys. IDK, it’s just kinda weird playing a dead guy. :thinking:

1 Like

Now that I am leaving I believe they should add all the races people want.
Because now I will not be the one playing a game doomed to failure.

Oh I see what you’re saying. That’s definitely a new take; something Blizzard could apply to all races moving forward if they aren’t willing to flush out complete playable races. Interesting.

Well honestly, death is already inconsequential. It’s not “the end” anymore.
Why do you think it’s weird to play as dead guys? We can already play as dead people through death knights and the forsaken.

1 Like

Good question for this topic is not how or if, but why ?

I think they would be nice to soul shape into. Basically any character will have them added as a bodytype in the barbershop.

So they can be any race or class. You will be able to use there form after helping them for so long. Would be nice.

1 Like

Blue humans for the alliance.

And blue horses with wings!

1 Like

The more I thought about that soul shape idea, the more I liked it. When you think about the races themselves with some being a soul reincarnated in a new body, it makes a lot of sense. I’m going to add this idea to the OP.

1 Like

Yea I heard someone think of it an I just echoed that idea because it is so fitting. If shadowlands will give us anything it should give us soulshape to different races as a barbershop technology!

1 Like

I would love to play a Venthyr shadow priest

However I doubt they would be available to alliance even if they were made playable

Well if they’re added as neutral races, or soulshapes, it’s definitely a possibility!

Nothing in Ardenweald is dead though, they’re all ISOs basically…

The soulshapes are just that, souls taking on other shapes. So where do mortals’ bodies go when they soulshape?

Considering what we learn of the Shadowlands and reality in 9.2… that makes WAY more sense than it should with the ISO analogy…

Not to make waves, but I never actually thought Covenant races were on the table. As soon as Covenants were first revealed, I considered making a thread telling people to not expect any Shadowlands races to be fully playable, but decided against it because I figured it would get flagged into oblivion. I was already suffering from allied race fatigue after two years of seeing Alliance fans and sympathizers crying for Blizzard to give the Alliance high elves, vulpera, and sethrak and also scrap their plans for mechagnomes being an allied race (pun not intended), so I wasn’t looking forward to another two years of people delusionally claiming that the entirety of Bastion is Alliance clay. But at this point, I wouldn’t be too shocked or lose any sleep if the higher-ups forced the devs to add all of the Covenants as neutral races in 10.0, along with a few other features that people have been demanding.

3 Likes

wrong, the creatures of SL literally come to azeroth, kyrian have, vampires and dreadlords have, creatures of ardenweal have including the mushroom ppl and the drust, and madraxxas forces been everywhere all worlds and makes even more sense now, adventure with us to prevent crud from every taking over their home realm again which is job of the necrolords but now all covenants are united so they can share the duty

4 Likes

They’re undead. Once they die their soul will move onto the shadowlands and not poof into anima like all of the SL races.

I have no idea what an ISO is, but all races in Ardenweald will turn into anima upon death. They would need to retcon that or make SL races a hardcore mode that if you die once your toon gets deleted :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s, a very interesting point. Outside of Ardenweald/Revendreth/Maldraxxus/Bastion they’re practically immortal, but inside their own realm of origination they’d be perma-killed, then again they would probably somehow have the same obelisk privileges PCs have, especially if it’s the player skin option where the Maw walkers become said races semi-permanently.

Alternatively maybe being soul-bound with a Maw walker confers upon the soulbindees the same fail safes? We did have to “synchronize” Anduin and the others when we freed them. The race starting quests could involve something similar.

1 Like

We definitely need more info when it comes to these races and death in the Shadowlands. Not all races are created the same way, and some more info on what happens to anima from souls would be ideal. We know that rebirth is an underlying concept for Shadowlands, and we’ve seen the phrase “cycle of life and death” thrown around. So if this concept really is a cycle, how does it continue? This isn’t supposed to be a question specifically for you, I’m simply thinking out loud.

In some instances, however, we know that the souls from “killed” covenant races do still linger in the Shadowlands. There are some quests in Maldraxus that involve resurrecting fallen warriors. There is also the abomination made from dead Kyrians who’s souls are believed to still be alive. Some of the Venthyr also proclaim they’ll be back after they’re killed. So…death for all Shadowlands races is kind of inconsistent. I’m guessing as long as there’s some anima attached to a soul of a Shadowlands race, they are able to return to their body if killed? I’m not sure. Hopefully we get more info on this matter.

2 Likes

I was thinking about the possibility for Sylvar druid forms. Here are my ideas:

Flight form - fairy, or moth
Travel form - unicorn or the centaur-like Vorkai. Could do runestag, but that’s already an option for all druids.
Cat form - vulpine
Bear form - spirit bear form? Can’t seem to come up with a good fit.
Balance/Moonkin form - the tree-like tirnenn, fairies, or spriggan

What do you think?

4 Likes

LOVE IT! The Treant being a Tirnenn is an especially in-depth detail.

3 Likes