Play a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King Classic™ Before 11/28 and Get a Mount in WoW

I really appreciate that this is a bonus for modern wow players and wont be shoved into classic. Thats not sarcasm btw, I think adding new stuff to modern wow for taking part on classic, without messing with the visual integrity of classic (more than it already has at least) is a good move.

1 Like

In that case I’ll take look at it when I get home.

Very nice! Thank you. I play both versions

Don’t worry, queues on megaservers will be reasonable in a few weeks. :innocent:

The mount looks great much better than say the other mount that was promoted with wrath classic.

There’s not a queue on Sulfuras, people just need to avoid the populated servers, easy.

As a Classic player, do NOT ROLL DK ON THE FULL SERVERS. you will get stuck in queue thats hours long.

Roll on Old Blanchy, Bloodsail, or a smaller PvE server that isnt locked.

Edit: I’m not saying this bc “lol classic Andy hates new players” or w/e. I’m saying this bc NOBODY ELSE has and thr hours long queues are a MAJOR problem on the bigger servers. Having retail players come in for a FOMO Mount will make queues worse.

2 Likes

Blizzard: Hello players, we understand that queue times are really high right now. We decided to incentivize more players to join the queue by offering a free mount. Have a great day!

Players: Noooooooooooooo

2 Likes

You unlock regular flying later on in Dragon Flight

But there’s a lot of servers without queue at all. the problem is with the new fresh experience servers.

I agree, however, a large number of players are still going to attempt to join the larger servers.

Very cool looking mount.

The big 4 on NA (Whitemane, Grobb, Bene and Faerlina) and now Sulfuras are now locked to both new players and transfers in. But even if you got a character on them, the queues are really bad and I don’t reccomend sitting in a hours long queue for a FOMO mount.

The otter is adorable.

This mount is pretty neat though, definitely.

3 Likes

True, I used it on the Beta, however it lacks the outstanding feeling even for a recolor mount, because probably we’ll have several Otters with armor later.

Not a rideable undead bone giant but definitely cool looking I’ll take it :smiley:

Yep! The system should recognize you’ve played through it and give you the mount. If you don’t see it right away, you may need to restart the client.

Make sure you’ve completed the required final quest to get credit - Requires completion of the quest “Where Kings Walk” on Alliance characters or “Warchief’s Blessing” on Horde characters.

16 Likes

Finally a reason to play classic. I gotta be honest classic wasn’t worth playing until wrath.

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful mount, and I think it’s an interesting idea doing cross WoW Classic and Retail promotional events.

2 Likes

WoTLK servers : literally melting under 8 hour queues

Blizzard : “Hey, let’s get more retail WoW players into the Classic servers”.

1 Like