Physical to Mobile Authenticator

So, a few days ago, I finally decided to add the mobile authenticator to my account… The problem is (and under an assumption because I haven’t tried yet), I would need my actual physical authenticator. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out where I put the dang thing and I am now worried that I will eventually be locked out of my account.

I obviously still have access to the account, as I am able to post on the forums and log into the game. Given that I still have access at this time, do I need to worry that I cannot locate the physical authenticator, or can I just move ahead and go to mobile without any issue?

Very glad you asked.

The physical needs removed. Without the authenticator you won’t be able to do that yourself, but since you still have access it will make putting in a ticket a little easier.

You’ll want to pop in a ticket to request that be removed so you can add your mobile.

Once you have the mobile, you’ll also want to jot down the serial number and restore code so if something should ever happen to your phone - you could put it on a new device.

4 Likes

The support page seems to be looping me around in circles, or just not having a proper category to submit a ticket for a physical authenticator removal request. Is there a way to put in a ticket without having to jump through hoops or is my current level of frustration just making this seem more difficult than it actually is?

1 Like

I think this is the way to go? This is for the temporary removal of your authenticator.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/316/977/solution

It leads to a page that asks for an authenticator code, unfortunately.

I’d just use the generic link.

Contact Support - Blizzard Support (battle.net)

Little slower than when you can categorize or use self-help, but always an option.

3 Likes

Got everything taken care of and got a response much sooner than I was expecting. Thank you everyone for the help.

7 Likes