Physical Collectors Edition: Beta Access

I have ordered the physical collectors edition, as I have for every single expansion and Vanilla itself. But it is really frustrating that those of us who do that don’t get to participate in Beta access….even though we’re paying double what online only purchases are.

And, yes, I get it. I could buy the digital copy, then get refunded in Blizz account once I get the physical edition code…but I really don’t want to buy the game twice. I’m an artist, I collect the art books. I love them. Thats why I splurge for the physical editions…but I ain’t made of money. And when I get a refund…they ain’t refunding me cash…they’re refunding blizz bucks to spend on more blizz stuff. :frowning:

I mean…its 200 bucks…you’d think they could shoot us a beta invite at least. I mean it is purchased through the blizz gear store for crying out loud.

Yes, I complain about this every expansion since they started doing digital. No it never makes a difference. Yes it still sucks.

:frowning:

Because posting it here guarantees it will never be seen by the staff who should be seeing it. CS is literally the only forum where no data is collected.

[EDIT] Before it’s mentioned - the person who told you in GD to post here was incorrect in doing so, I’m afraid. You had started out properly by posting there. ^^

4 Likes

A few things: the CE is more for the psychical items then digital. Blizzard themselves don’t send or handle the items, it’s a 3rd party which pack and ship.

In Diablo, the Physical CEs don’t come with a authentication code…so I can see your point there…

But in WoW it does. So there is at least some interface. In Diablo (at least last expansion) you arent buying a copy of the game…but in WoW you are. You’re literally paying for everything that comes included in the epic edition…

yes but when purchased through battle.net I refuse to see how complicated it would be to have code tag the bnet that made the purchase as eligible for the beta access. It’s wild that in 2024 this is still an issue.

1 Like

Related blue post.

3 Likes

I moved your original thread to the General Discussion forum where our Community Management and Game Developers can see it.

While I appreciate your frustration, Psthartos, this is feedback, which Customer Support cannot do anything with. We do not have any involvement in how all of this works.

9 Likes