Phone incompatible with Authenticator App

This right here? 3 day ban from forums if this was FF14 for a first offense. It’s clear to anyone that is not what he said and you’re just trolling.

1 Like

Prove the many are those that have contract plans that seem to work with the mobile authenticator are the many and not those with pre-paid phones .

1 Like

This is a free society, not Japan. We can speak our minds without reprisal.
I’ve laid out my complaint here thoroughly and logically. There’s no misdirection.

1 Like

No it’s not. This is private property and Blizzard fails daily in not policing it better.

Seriously I played WOW since vanilla check my tabard. FF14s community is amazing compared to ours. Trolls are basically nonexistent.

Nobody is arguing against account security, in fact, the opposite. Those that do not have a compatible phone cannot secure their account. Their should be other options of multi-factor authentication in addition to the app.

I can do everything that I need to do just fine on my PC. The narrative though is that because something is not new it isn’t good. If you take care of your stuff, it will last a lot longer than a few years.

All I need a phone to do is call and text. Anything else, a PC can be used.

Thank you for linking article.

I can’t get the authenticator app.

I barely noticed these posts. Never had a problem using custom text to put together a group before. Even if there were a lot of WTS, it wasn’t that many. Also, people can filter using an add-on.

The fact this is what customer support says is their official support channel is ridiculous. Need help? Nah, just get trolled all day instead.

I have seen the vast majority of people complaining, just like I have never seen the vast majority of listed groups as adverts.

a lot of these people wouldn’t be here right now. Blizz only let’s you flag trolls so many times in one day…

Yeah…there are lots of trolls here, but you’re not directing your comments at one. Instead, you’re defending them.

They would actually because they wouldn’t do this nonsense if there was actual consequences.

They live under the protection of Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which guarantees them not to be liable for copyright posted here or in-game. The trade-off, is that they need to maintain an unimpeded free exchange of ideas as a public square.

There are no such guarantees under this act or the 1st Amendment in other countries. We have unique access to freedom here, not seen anywhere else on the planet. Be thankful.

true, but then again, tech moves on, and no company should have to support legacy or outdated tech. That is why Windows 95 and Xp support when out with the Dodo, same for 32bit OS.

…did you change characters just to say the same thing to OP twice? lol

jfc Blizzard must be so hot reading through this post. Maybe they should consider partnering with some cell service companies. They could sell phones and data plans on the Blizzard shop! lol

2 Likes

Sure, but if you want to secure accounts, there are methods of 2Fa that do not require cutting edge tech. Most companies choose to offer these as an option.

1 Like

Again, you are ignoring the fact that company’s don’t have to honor or support outdated tech.

2 Likes

Honestly, i dont believe you. But on the off chance you’re teliing the truth and not lying, and you cant afford a new phone, then I would think you have bigger issues than worrying about custom titles in a game you already pay $15 a month for, no?

Again, i dont honestly believe you… i never have a reason to use LFG and yet the VERY few times I looked for something in there, they were absolutely the majority of posts.

Also, I said this earlier… I dont want another addon (if i cared enough to use LFG a lot), looks like a stalemate.

2 Likes

I have a right to disagree with what a company does and offer alternate solutions.

$15 a month is one thing. Hundreds of dollars upfront and an expensive contract for a thing I rarely use is another, plus it’s on top of the $15.

Well don’t want and can’t have are two different things. So think about what you’re saying…

1 Like

Then that is a YOU issue. Outdated tech , in the long run, will end up costing you more that just simply upgrading. Security holes won’t be patched, software won’t be upgraded, and as you discovered, stuff will not work. Being obstinate isn’t gonna give you solutions.

All they need to do is make the app work with pay as you go plans also .

Some people don’t like being locked into long term contracts with over priced phones ,

To be honest I don’t know if my Metro by T Mobile phone will work with the app even though I have it set up with the SMS protect along with my fob authenticator . I’m hoping it will when the fob eventually dies .

1 Like

Installing a simple addon will take less time, be more secure for my other devices, less compromising to all data, since it’s limited to the same PC and only works within the game.
It’s the least invasive and least risky remedy. They chose to go for the most invasive and most risky.

1 Like

Sounds like “dont want” to me

Incorrect. The Supreme Court has ruled on this before. This is private property and though they are not responsible for what you say, they are free to censor you in any way they choose. It’s their platform. Don’t believe me, say anything you know they’d have to act on.

If it has SMS protect, and is able to send you text messages through that, you should be fine.

For those where it’s incompatible, the registration for SMS protect won’t work at all because the text message will not be received.

I can literally re-create this scenario at any time.

They ruled on Facebook’s defense of not policing human traffickers. This hardly raises to the level. Hyperbole much?