Phone incompatible with Authenticator App

My phone is incompatible with the app. Not only am I not allowed to secure my account using a “less secure” multi-factor authentication method, but now game features are being blocked.

What’s the solution, Blue?

26 Likes

Update your phone

Get a phone from this decade

Use an Android emulator on your computer

Have a loved one get the authenticator on their phone

Use the LFG tool exactly the same way you always have without the custom text in the title

Do not use the LFG tool at all and use things like trade, guild chat, discord, etc

53 Likes

Not seeing a solution here…and what about account security?

Not an option.

Does not work

Nobody loves me. Well, nobody that has a authenticator app compatible phone.

I want to use it the way I’ve always used it.

That’s exactly what I expect the boosters will do.

13 Likes

Two factor is objectively more secure

Why

Why

Y’all still rocking the Motorola flip phones?

Too bad so sad

They already use trade, but if you have boost spam in your guilds or discords, that’s a problem lmao

10 Likes

It is at least as secure. No reason why Blizz can’t allow other methods to authenticate, js :man_shrugging:

The emulator just doesn’t work, idk, something about needing an actual device from a contract carrier. Is a question for Blue…

Otherwise, I do not have the budget to both get a new phone and change to an “approved carrier”.

Don’t hate.

Right, so what is locking LFG text really going to do to solve the boost problem? Like putting duct tape on a crack in the Hoover Dam

9 Likes

Use trade for boosting is not against TOS.

Using LFG tool for boosting is against TOS.

Not being able to edit titles means they cannot put ads into titles

7 Likes

Wow…what kind of logic lead to that?

7 Likes

Many boosters who can no longer boost for money are here on forums raging it seems like!

14 Likes

Something I found out today. Apparently emulators won’t work because the app requires a connected phone number and prepaid numbers won’t work. Only contract ones.

12 Likes

Yep. But of course the majority of players have contracted smart phones. Those that don’t, too bad. Blizz couldn’t care less about your happiness with the game or the security of your account.

10 Likes

The needs of the many outweigh the wants of the few

5 Likes

Great so remove the feature for everyone. If it’s so bad, remove it completely. The few that are able to authenticate to use the feature shouldn’t matter, it’s for the greater good.

12 Likes

You misunderstood which group is the many and which group is the few

14 Likes

Lfg doesn’t mean for looking for gold (or obvious rmt).

3 Likes

Get a job then

5 Likes

Stop spamming the forums.

You only need one thread to discuss this, not multiple. Get a compatible phone. Anything from the past decade will do, it can even be second hand.

8 Likes

Imagine all of the people who could’ve downloaded an addon to remove ADs. Now we’re ALL forced to get Blizzards’ ridiculous authentication app.

5 Likes

No one should be forced to download an addon just to use a base game feature. It also doesn’t address the problem, which is that advertising within the group finder is against the rules and out of control.

The amount of people whinging about Blizzard fixing a significant problem is honestly just sad.

6 Likes

Now people who want to put ‘need x Covenant’ are forced to download an app/addon to use a base game feature.

3 Likes

because trade wasn’t being used for anything useful on most servers anyway - politics and ‘axxl’ spam can easily be done without

2 Likes