Phasing problem --> cannot tag rare

I am getting quite frustrated at the moment. There is a rare, Mireclaw, inside Mardivas’ Laboratory, and I cannot tag it. Every time I go inside it phases me out and the rare “disappears” but when I walk out it says he’s on the map. When I fly in I can see it, but I can’t even use an instant damage spell before it phases me out.

What can be done to resolve this? It is extremely frustrating. I have been trying for the past 30 minutes and no such luck. The phasing in Nazjatar needs to stop.

Edit: just tried to instant attack it and managed to at least aggro it, but then it phased out…again

You need to be in the correct phase. If you have any of the quests for the laboratory, then you should either drop or finish them first.

The purpose for the phasing is you don’t want to be attacked by a random mob or rare while actually taking on the summoned mobs.

1 Like

I currently do not have anything related to the labotary as it is already finished.

The laboratory resets weekly. You must have some quest that is connected with the phasing there, even if it doesn’t make much sense.

Check out these guides to help you find the answer.

1 Like

Unfortunately I do not have any quests as I already completed the weekly. Nor do I have any items in my bag for me to react to the crystals.

Regardless, Mireclaw is no longer showing up on the map which means either he despawned, or someone was lucky enough to kill him without phasing out.

Very disapointed. Still would like to know how to correct this for the future as this is the second rare today that has phased out when I got near.

You need to find out which quest, or possibly item, is putting you in a different phase.

1 Like

Both times I did not have any quests or items that would be reasons for phasing. No World Quests either. I even phased once in the middle of a fight (in Nazjatar) that was irrelevant to any quests / WQs. I had simply found a treasure chest and aggro’d some mobs.

Phasing is part of the mechanics of the game that allow dynamic storytelling, so that the environment can change based on your actions and the progression of story elements. It’s not going to simply stop, Delremos.

If there are issues where phasing or the state of a mob needs to be adjusted, that is another matter. It should be reported as a bug so our QA team can take a look.

I’m sorry for what frustration this may have caused, hopefully they can address the issue so that Mirecrawler can be reached.

1 Like