Phase 7 - The Emerald Dream

What if the developers use WoW Classic to release intended expansions or areas that didn’t come to fruition in Vanilla WoW… Like the Emerald Dream…

Thoughts on such content?

18 Likes

What if they just added content that was cut due to time? Like the dragon isles and so forth?

9 Likes

I, personally, love the idea of keeping the Classic mechanics and forking development from retail. As much as I love TBC and hope they release BC servers that I can copy my Classic characters to, I’d almost rather have them expand on Classic with the classic flavor, etc. It probably won’t work, but who knows.

7 Likes

I just posted something similar, like grim batol, and the ulda quest line which deadends in tanaris. There were so many good loose ends I’d like to see completed in the classic fashion instead of retail. Even if you need to server transfer to get to it.

2 Likes

I agree with this just for the cool factor (would be cool to see what Blizz was thinking before releasing TBC) however how do you do that repeatedly without old raids and content becoming obsolete? After a few years, all the “hardest” content would be obsolete and few guilds would be doing them, so no one that starts in a couple years would be able to gear properly through the old raids - then you’ve got the addition of dungeons giving gear higher than raid content, and it will just end up like an expansion. This is why I believe expansions are necessary and hope they go to TBC.

1 Like

I’m in the camp that would prefer Classic+ to something like Classic BC and Classic WotLK.

No level cap increase, no changes to the core game, just content patches that bring us something new like Karazhan, Grim Batol, the Emerald Dream as you mentioned etc.

The danger here is that it could slowly morph into a game that is a lot more like retail than anyone anticipated or wants. So this is above my paygrade to make a proper suggestion on lol.

7 Likes

Yes! Keep the level cap and background mechanics, but bring out the old 2003-2005 draft books and finish the loose ends and unfinished areas that have been found.
It would be a great way to delay WoW classic from being stale.

True fans want Tel’Abim and its banana plantations as their post-Naxx raid of choice.

5 Likes

I would really like to see that unfinished Vanilla content because I’ve been wanting to see it and wondering about it since Vanilla. However, consider that new Blizzard would be making the content.

2 Likes

They will add it, to retail.

Meh, maybe. If Classic racks in more Revenue then retail, I would bet they would add it in to classic not retail.

I hope if they do add new content, like how Karazhan was going to be in the orginal game during Vanilla. It could be a tier 4 instance and they could put Grim Batol in as tier 3.5 kind of how AQ works. Also like you said, they could add the Emerald Dream, but I do not know how you could implement that into the game, maybe it could be a new dungeon, leveling zone, or raid.

It would prob be 4 dungeons because there are already 4 gates throughout the world with dragons guarding them.

1 Like

What if the devs just honor their commitment to providing us Vanilla.

4 Likes

As a baseline, of course! I’m just throwing out other Ideas.

Woah there, cowboy. You can’t just ask Blizzard to follow through with something - if we held them to everything they said, we’d have gotten our new dances and planes to fly in Wintergrasp.

2 Likes

Not really within the purview of Classic, I think.

I’d love for what is basically just “WoW 2” starting over from a point when WoW was still good (early to mid WotLK is as far as I would go), but Classic is meant to be vanilla as close as possible to how it was back in the day.

Blizzard definitely could afford a project like this, but they definitely wouldn’t spend the money on it. It’s one thing to copy data to the new client and replicate content that already existed; it’s another to simultaneously develop brand new content for two MMOs.

Also, I simply DO NOT trust Blizzard to do it well. At this point, the only reason I’m interested in Classic is because Blizzard isn’t in charge of its ongoing development. That is to say, there is no ongoing development in the first place for Blizzard to mess up.

1 Like

This is a very good idea! There was lots of content that was slated but scrapped.

No

10 characters

1 Like

Anytime I see a post regarding the I have to opt in my desire for it. That would be such an exciting announcement at a blizzcon with some pictures of landscape. That will recapture that first time vanilla experience of travelling into the unknown. I am saying announce this blizzcon the plan and following con will be the release date and beta testing announcement. Not to go off topic but anyone else think were getting WC2 remastered??

1 Like