Phase 5 Release Date?

Does anyone feel like Phase 4 has gone on for a very long time now?
while I know people will have different opinions lets keep pushing through this content so we can get to the “hard part” of Classic

1 Like

We’re in phase 4…lol

1 Like

whoops updated thanks XD

1 Like

last week of August is the best guess.

1 Like

Not a chance. I’d say announce any day now. Launch in early June.

based on what?

It’s barely been what, a month? For a new raid and rep grind? If you’re not buying bijous and just running the raid for rep then you’re not even exalted yet.

2 Likes

ZG has a very limited shelf life for people and will only be done for hearts to drop . I’m CC reverred and the most efficient way to hit exalted is in P5.

We have a large chunk of the raiding mains in my guild 1/2 through rev upto exalted.

EDIT: P5 isn’t just AQ 20 and 40, it’s a large chunk of other stuff to do aswell.

1 Like

My best guess would be mid-to-late July. That gives us 3 months of ZG and 5 months of BWL before the next raid comes out.

6 Likes

Going by when most people will be done/phase length trends early to mid june.

Going by avg phase length late June/early July.

My guess is mid to late June.

Some people guess August because of vanilla release timetables, but besides the fact that we have devs on record saying the release of the content is dependent on the players clearing the content you also have the fact that the only timeline that really matches up is BWL release to ZG release but then again we also got green drakes in classic and if you use time from BWL to green drakes it doesn’t match up again. So I doubt AQ will be launched after July.

Oh I forgot another possibility that is more in line with how they have been releasing things, they might drop the non raid parts of p5 in early-mid June(gear changes, dungeon sets, etc…) and then drop the actual raid in mid-late July

I think that ship sailed when everyone but the sweatiest of the sweaty players mass complained about DM and honor being dropped super early. Half the playerbase hadn’t even stepped foot in molten core or hit 60 and they unleashed the open world honorgrind and the Pserver poopsockers were the only ones who had fun.

BWL and ZG both released with a similar amount to time between them as they did in vanilla. This puts AQ in july if you go by the dragons of nightmare patch or august if you go by the ZG timeline.

there were mass complaints before they were launched because too many people were done with the current content, I have no Idea where you get those 50% numbers or that there were mass complaints but I for one dont remember them.

Also BWL was not on the vanilla timetable, BWL to ZG fits but only if you ignore the fact that classic was BWL to Drakes+ZG so it doesnt even line up then.

Also Almost no one has struggled with any classic content for more than a week. By week 2 of BWL release I am pretty sure over 90% of groups killing razorgore were also killing Nef. We have had plenty of time to clear and farm BWL and we will continue to do so as we will still be clearing MC while AQ is out because due to poor itemization both MC and BWL have items you want till naxx is out.

A very long time?? it came out April 15 its just been 31 days thats a “very long time” to you??? Bro give a few months at least.

3 Likes

If ZG was serious content I’d agree with you.

But right now it’s basically done to tears.

2 Likes

I got exalted last night after doing just that.

1 Like

Phase 5 should be released Tuesday, then Phase 6 released in July then Classic BC released in November

3 Likes

Every thread after the honor dropped was “bring out BGs, you ruined the game for people 48+” Then they released BGs THREE weeks later, confirming this, combined with paid server transfers. The timeline there was no where near the vanilla timeline release of Honor dropping to BG release. The honor dropping so early literally put the final nail in the coffin of 3-4 servers. What small numbers were left on heartseeker, stalagg, and skeram all quit or transferred. There was no point logging in, you couldn’t even leave your capital city once honor released.

Vanilla release to honor system was approx 4.5 months, we got 2.5. Terrible decision to appeal to the pserver players rather than the average player.

If you accelerate the timeline you kill the game faster. You have the content eaters that will just chew through it and be done and their sub is cancelled, then you have the more casual players who also cancel because they get left behind and have no one to do content with.

Seems to me certain classes complain for more content. Probably because the itemization is so bad that when BWL released they only needed 2-3 pieces of gear where other classes can benefit more from longer term farming. So their farming is “done” while other classes have barely started getting what they need.

2 Likes

So complaints from honor without BGs which was ALWAYS gonna happen in your mind are complaints about them being released too early?

accelerating the game does not kill it faster, it lets people play the game. Taking too long causes people to stop playing as well, also that is how classic was designed it was meant to sit with a small playerbase who said they wanted to play classic forever and they got it.

Also would love to know where you keep getting this average player from… seems like its just some random fictional character that you are making up to fit your narrative that goes against ALL the data we have on player statistics. I am sorry you think people in the bottom 5% are “average” but thats not how it works.

Oh also hope you don’t realize that honor came out only 56 days after the EU release in which case they waited the better part of a month for pvp.

Also I still have stuff I want in MC and BWL, because of the way RNG works and tier pieces as opposed to tokens you could wait another 2 years and people would still be complaining that they don’t have all the gear they need from MC+BWL. Most people have been clearing BWL since week 2 of release. If we waited till the first week of June that means that guilds should have well over 300 BWL items or about 8 per person with some items being DEd.

I want more content because all the current content is stupidly easy and everyone says AQ and Naxx are the “difficult content” I want to see that content because its what I did not get to do in vanilla, hell I wanted them to release all the content from Day 1, I thought seeing a race to see how fast people could clear KT in leveling greens and how they would optimize raid farming with little to no gear would have been really interesting. Instead they released content that was killable by sub 60s in greens and then waited till everyone was decked out in gear from previous raids to release the next so its cleared in 40 mins by top players and a majority of guilds in the first week. with almost all clearing it by week 2.

2 Likes

Two and a half months is plenty of time to hit 60. Between Classic’s release and the Honor patch you only needed to play an average of less than 2 and a half hours a day to reach 60 by then.

Without stats for the average players time played and their time played per day we can’t say how long it took the average player; so, it’s just your anecdotal experience, and I saw the average player at 60 running pre-bis dungeons within the first month.

I really hope it’s released by mid June or July, that gives us enough time to get exalted get idols etc and prep NR gear while not letting the game drag on

4 Likes