Phase 4 release date - pre notice : )

Hi Devs,

Loving SOD and all your efforts - including all the ups and downs. The journeys been great despite it all and really kept me in my toes.

I would like to request if we can get any indication of when phase 4 will drop (more than 2 weeks notice).

The start of the phase is so enjoyable and there’s so much buzz, it be nice if the community could plan around it - and really plan to allocate some time to really bite into the content on release. It would be very helpful to allow us to enjoy your efforts and your game with a little bit less of randomness and surprise on phase launch date :). Hoping to discover the release date sooner then later :wink:

21 Likes

It will release soon™.

Phase 1 was 10 weeks, you could assume phase 2 was going to be around 10 weeks and it was 8 or 9. So you can probably assume phase 3 will be 8-10 weeks.

6 Likes

Yeah I’ve already got my quest log full and my subscription will be expiring in a day or so. Ready for phase 4. Will be a lot of fun.

The more notice the better.

1 Like

Some players need to schedule time off work. Please give us the date.

And announce if you are going to let us use STV coins for honor rank up again. If not, we need to know so we can stop going there. I have over 300 silver with not one thing to buy. Unless I can rank up, I don’t want to go there again. Don’t wait and give us 2 weeks to try and farm a lot of stv coin.

Most players are not ready for P4. Some guilds are just now clearing last 2 bosses at ST. Give players a chance to at least get gear from ST. I’m not hurting as bad because I have r7 and all exalted gear, with a few st gear. Should have tier set in a week or so. But STOP rushing.

And I’m sick of “discovering”. I want to know if I need to be trying to farm 1k coins for fast mount. Let us know NOW. Lay out the plan and don’t cave to everything like you have done with wsg and ab rep. Lay out the plan and stick to it,

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I believe they are willing to let everybody spin their wheels in STV Knowing full well they won’t allow coins to be used in honor for next phase. Player engagement numbers are more important to them than integrity. I don’t say this as an insult to the company, it’s just something I’ve noticed over the years.

2 Likes

I’m ready for p4 already.

Please don’t have incursion spam be the way to level again. I didn’t even see the 40-50 zones.

4 Likes

Itll be after cata launches on may 20

1 Like

Incursions should have just been daily quests.

4 Likes

I’m gonna guess late July early August for phase 4.

1 Like

I’d much rather incursions than dungeon spam. Incursions were simply an answer to dungeon spam.

3 Likes

If they did that SoD will die.

End of May imo

Since cataclysm launches May 20th, and will clearly fail, they will see massive subscription loss from mid to late June. It’s likely that’s when they will announce P4, imo. So I’m guessing first week of July.

Or if Cata does not perform the way they hope they could bring out wrath era servers to tide folks over until phase 4 release.

1 Like

p3 is a mess and the sooner they wrap this up, the better.

4 Likes

I’ve got bad news for you. Level 50 incursions are in game right now, and even post nerf they’re the best way to level 40-50 :scream:

1 Like

i wanna know what genius thought getting rid of the best part of classic, the world, was a good idea. Incursions should have been a daily quest area with big xp/gold rewards. Would have been 10x better than the mess we got.

4 Likes

People who liked wrath will like cata more than sod

3 Likes

Cata classic will be better than WOTLK classic was for sure

1 Like

40-50 doesn’t even take long via questing. If you can’t even pay attention to quests that long, you probably shouldn’t be on a classic server. The ADD incursion spam is ridiculous and has bricked the overworld.

1 Like