Phase 3 is where SoD dies

quality over quantity…

people calling for world buff nuke didnt play SoM. People seem to forget how vital world buffs are to make the game feel alive. without them, there was literally NOTHING to do outside of raid log.
IMO dont nuke world buffs just let them persist through a couple of deaths or something so dying doesnt feel so bad.

if you’re normalizing them and everyone will have them then what’s the point of having them at all? it feels like a “flask of flowerpower” using flowerguts you pull from felwood would be more appropriate.

They really need to get rid of world buffs.

Disagree with most of that, minus world buffs. They are an old antiquated system that wastrs your time and incites toxicity. They just needs to die.

Right now, its not completely terrible with 3 world buffs, however the amount of buffs at 60 you need to run around collecting is a giant time sink.

Its toxic getting them, especially DMF dealing with griefers, and its toxic losing them. Nothing better than listening to a cry baby raider whine about losing his buffs and be an a hole to everyone for the rest of the night.

I agree the economy is definitely killing “new blood” so to speak. Paired with that, the lengthy grind or significant cost on anything of value is making alts a no-go for many of the people who are still having some degree of fun.

Sure, you can level really fast with incursions (assuming there’s enough players still doing them and it’s not a PvP sh*tshow) but once you get to max level you’re faced with the mountain of gold required to level crafting professions and the rep/pvp grind that is valuable to every single class in some way, so what’s the point if you aren’t keen on doing all that stuff again.

I don’t think P3, which will likely be long due to Cata timing will completely kill SoD but it’s definitely on life support at this point. Some very interesting and big things need to be coming at 60 to keep the hype train rolling longer than 2 weeks once Phase 4 drops.

The most fun.

SoD is in my opinion literally the best version of WoW I’ve ever played. It’s so good.

I actively raid with two characters already this phase, doing WOs with more, and I’m leveling others. Now that the raid is on a 7 day lockout rather than a 3 day, and there aren’t any new rep grinds for mains + you could skip the rank 7 grind with blood moon, there’s a lot of time to work on alts. The runes this phase are also much quicker than in previous phases for the most part. No Grizzby (in fact Grizzby grind is gone), no Dark Riders.

Honestly, if future phases are like Phase 3 in terms of having time to do things, then my goal of getting all runes of all classes becomes a lot more attainable. Phase 2 kept me quite busy with the three day lockout since Gnomer had the only good gear in the phase meaning I had to raid it 8+ times a week, while this phase has Emerald Warden gear so you can get some nice pseudo-pre-bis gear rather easily for your 6th alt.

1 Like

if people cant see sod going downhill with each phase, im actually happy for you. ignorance is bliss. if ur still enjoying sod, then u are the target market the dev team is making the game for. the retail mindvirus has won.

im glad to see the passion from the dev team. i just wished it was more focused on vanilla and making a true successor to the vanilla masterpiece. megaservers, everyone getting summoned everywhere with warlocks spaming tradechat, mages hunters soloing raid trash due to ledge abuse, bots farming stockades for months, pvp oneshots, mana has no value anymore, pugs denying players due to logs. this aint how vanilla is.

4 Likes

god, doomer harder bro. SoD reversed WoW subs in a time where Dragonflight and WOTLK are both in down swing droughts.

I can tell you’re someone who started playing wow in Wrath. Quit in Cata cuz heroic dungeons were too hard for you, and hasnt played retail since.

Subs mean nothing. Popularity doesn’t mean good. We’ve learned this with both SoD and Wrath.

oh boy. the reddit fueled contrarians have arrived to “acktchually” every post.

Idk what you’re trying to say, but denying SoDs massive hype train is copium.

1 Like

denying SoD’s massive success is Doomermaxxing lmao
I’m not taking any word you say seriously if you think that SoD hasn’t been WoW’s biggest success story since 2019 classic

Everybody quit in phase 2 while DF has record levels of sustained subs throughout the expansion. They just did a seminar on this.

omg you have no idea what youre talking about.

yeah great… theres never been an expansions that’s sustained subs, except for 1 patch in MoP.
They flat out said “Dragonflight and WotLK didn’t see a large resurgence in subs, but where we did a large sub count was in classic”

Until now.

They said DF didn’t see a large resurgence but it’s had the highest level of sustained subs in the history of the game. There’s a reason DF is being toted for fixing WoW. 2019 Classic was huge, SoD was just a quarterly earnings streamer hype mode they killed fast af.

You literally misquoted the video to fit a non existent agenda in your head.

nah ive only played vanilla. just speak for yourself instead of assuming what other people do or think. itll strengthen your arguments.

1 Like

then stop saying sh*t like “retail mind virus” clearly you have no idea what your talking about either.

Wut?

SoD added two million subs to WoW. It’s why they’ve done two other experiments after SoD to try to figure out what it is about SoD that was so big. Plunderstorm and ReMoP are both responses to the massive success of SoD.

You’re genuinely crazy and or have no idea how development works if you think Plunderstorm was created in the time SoDs been out, but botters haven’t figured out how to bot Incursions lmaoooo