Phase 2 is way too early

Phase 2 release date is ridiculous. The open world pvp fest it’s going to bring will happen only once in Classic’s lifetime, and Blizzard is ensuring the majority of players will not be able to participate. Wth happened to 6 months per phase? Leveling is the longest process in vanilla, and this should have been the longest phase. Really stupid decision by Blizzard, but what can you expect these days.

133 Likes

I only play a few hours every couple days and im 56. A good amount of people should be 60 by the time its released

8 Likes

I would be very surprised if the majority are not 60 already.

19 Likes

I didn’t even know there was a release date. Did they announce it at blizzcon or something? I havent been watching.

2 Likes

The average /played to 60 is 8-10 days. The game has been out 67 days. That’s an average of 2.8-3.5 hours a day every day since launch. You think the majority of people have that, considering the demographic that plays this game are adults with families and jobs?

55 Likes

Honestly? Yes. I would argue the majority of players are invested, and are putting in at least that much time.

I’ve been 60 for weeks. I work, I work out, I have a family and a dog.

I just dont waste time on TV.

18 Likes

Hard to imagine that’s the majority.

10 Likes

It’s pretty easy… but I have a good imagination.

Yes, make Phase 2 longer. The crying from the PvP servers will be amazing.

2 Likes

Shoulda done phase 2 at the end of the year IMO. Given more people a chance to catch up

32 Likes

They should just go ahead and release Naxx already. That way the try hards and no lifers can burn through the content and quit and leave the game to the rest of us.

41 Likes

They would simply farm you (assuming your on a PvP realm) and if you are on PvE, what does it matter when it comes out?

2 Likes

Agree

That blizz con was a joke. They wasted all those peoples money lol.

1 Like

Your server must be trash then lol. Most our server is 60 with some alts 60 already. Id say majority have alts at least in their 40s. Even casuals are at least mid to upper 50s by now.

4 Likes

3.5 hrs is nothing lol.

Blizzard needs to release content based on lazy people who will leave in the middle your BRD run to go to Forever 21.

10 Likes

I mean, I have hardly any time to play by my standards and I’ve been 60 for some time now. BiS and the whole nine, couple epics, etc. I mean I think what people lack during the work days, they make up for on weekends. I’d also assume many people are single or…I mean it’s hard telling really. But honestly, the average person working a 9-5 job can easily forgo other activities like tv or even sleep to commit to something they enjoy. I do wish phase 2 was getting postponed… but only because the 12th is literally the day I pack up and move cross country, stopping at my wife’s family’s on the way and such. So I’ll miss out on quite a lot of pvp as I transition into my new home and get settled. Other than that though, I think it’s fine.

1 Like

Where did you even get this from?

8 Likes

Why is everyone acting surprised? They said long time ago that p2 will be released end of this year…

2 Likes

But I was a Warlock susceptible to bad pets and self inflicted faction switching drama. Wasn’t my fault.