Petition to Buff MW

I’d double check, sometimes wowhead has weird costs for some classes (shaman I know for a fact has weird ones)

1 Like

You failed to include the costs of the spells needed to generate holy power. WOG is not free because it takes 3 spells to generate the holy power.

1 Like

Not equal though. Yes You need to generate holy power, but the things that generate holy power also do something, so its not straight cost on WOG. Judgement, Crusader Strike, Holy Shock, for example gets you to 3 Holy Power, Judgement and Crusader Strike damaged the boss and are relatively cheap. Holy Shock did some healing.

Basically WOG/LoD is free healing for doing other things that you would do anyway.

But one error is here:

Pallys also have to sacrifice some health for this spell.

1 Like

I didn’t even include talents or traits or conduits. I strictly listed bases cost of things to give a comparison of strict mana costs.

Mahe points out that what Hpallies do to get holy power for “free healing” is also beneficial and provides relevant damage in a raid, M+, and even pvp scenario. MW damage comparably is lacking, and doesn’t work towards generating resources.

The only reason MW wants to fistweave is for rising mist talent, or because of Ancient teachings of the monastery.

Holy pally has plenty of things in its kits to allow for both playstyles, but the melee build is the strongest and supported with a holy power (AKA CHI) as a resource to use.

Yeah, looking at a 50 hpally ingame the cost I’m seeing are
Holy Light: 3% mana
Holy Shock: 2.8% mana
Flash of Light: 4.4% mana
Martyr: 1.4% mana

Fairly certain the costs don’t change percentage with level, though.

Not enough Mws left to petition

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/state-of-mistweaver-pvp-shadowlands-week-1/773404/442

7 Likes

I agree that MW needs a buff, specifically a mana cost reduction, and a significant buff to renewing mist. Would love to see smart heals on the Teachjnfs of the smonastery legendary, and on Yulon, increase yulons range, it like never heals anyone.

I quit the game over this stuff about a month ago but I want to play so bad.

5 Likes

Where’d you get those %s? Wowhead?
FoL doesn’t cost 10k mana & cleanse def isn’t 3k
Their base costs are def in line with ours, and it’s WoG & thier mitigation utility giving them the superior Mana consumption.

Edit: /signed

signed
+10

3 Likes

/signed

Done

2 Likes

Anything talking about baseline yu’lon is…not good. But yea.

My pally never gets low on mana. I could go for an hour before dipping low on pally, while monk is completely oom in two minutes if I’m careful. “Base mana” is weird and doesn’t reflect the actual cost. A pally’s base mana might be 10k, while their actual mana is 50k, so those %s aren’t correct.

5 Likes

please fix them :frowning:

1 Like

Fix us please I just want to heal not play WW. Thanks!

Cacoon in stun and making it shorter CD or bigger absorb would be nice.

And more mana effieceny on our heals. I’d be cool with that and a slight buff to our hots.

5 Likes

MAKE MW GREAT AGAIN

/signed

3 Likes

/sign
Buffs please

2 Likes

I really just want to play my favorite spec again

/signed

2 Likes

Play the spec if it’s your favorite. The spec has plenty of viability. Unless you’re in a top 500 guild it should make no difference.

Play the MW. Be the best MW you can be.

1 Like

…Please stop talking. Plenty of MWs out here are getting shut out of everything rn. Yeah, they’re viable (just barely), but ppl don’t want “Good enough” when they can take something (much) better like an hPally, dPriest, or rShaman. Games not fun if you’re getting shut out of content bc of the spec you happen to enjoy playing. The stigma is real. We are in serious need of help.

8 Likes

This is great. Post like this are why monks have a low enthusiasm problem. People don’t look at the person writing the post.

Its funny to see a Monk that is 206ilvl with 2 mythic+ timed saying they don’t get taken to content. The mythic+ are a 6 and a 2. Not to mention the only 5/10 normal. There is no way you’re getting denied to content for the level content you do.

We can all agree that monk can use some minor buffs. More like Hpally should get some nerfs. Maybe Rshaman nerfs but not quite.

There is no reason for people like you to tell people that monk isn’t viable enough when you don’t even play the game.

Monks are plenty viable for content in this game. Don’t get brought down by these forum monks who don’t do any content. Most don’t even play the spec correctly.

I hardly ever get denied to a +14. 15 is a little hard to get into but my io is only 1150. I don’t think I’ve ever been denied to AOTC CN. I also pugged my AOTC CN the second week. You other monks can do the exact same if you play the spec correctly.

Play MW if you like the spec. Don’t quit because it isn’t FOTM.

4 Likes