Petition to Buff MW

/sign

Let’s see how many pages of signatures all us poor MWs can get this tread to.

119 Likes

please

• Make our CDs more valuable (bake in the env mist interaction with Yu’Lon and make it smarter positioning wise)
  • Life Cocoon needs a significant DR component
  • Revival should be strengthened to be more like a hot with base heals kind of like Holy Word: Salvation
  • Mana costs are horrible
  • Our base dps is really low compared to pallies and disc priests which are other healers that need to weave in DPS into their healing rotation

/signed

32 Likes

I have tried multiple setups both fist/mistweaving and the difference between the other healers is not even close. Time for a reroll, see ya on the flip side.

6 Likes

Need more utility for both PvP and a PvE.

/signed

11 Likes

BUFF US, PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE

/signed

8 Likes

MAKE MW GREAT AGAIN

/signed

14 Likes

I don’t play MW but I too support the call for a buff

/sign

10 Likes

I am a tank and I don’t want to be healed by mistweavers. Yes, there are exceptional players out there, but they need to work 10x as hard as the average priest / shaman / paladin for half the results.

12 Likes

Please buff us Blizz. I cant play m+ anymore because no pugs would pick me over a Rsham, and thats my favorite part of the game as a solo player

/Sign

9 Likes

Oh yes please!

/signed

5 Likes

-Need a buff to defensives (allow us to use them while stunned, cocoon needs to be bigger, make fort brew at least 20% damage reduction)

-More utility/reasons to bring monks to groups (RoP baseline would be huge, maybe add in some kind of buff. I’m no game designer but something like essence font giving a 5% damage buff or haste or something over its duration. If that’s busted then think of something else, I’m just throwing ideas out… Even having our old raid wide buff would be nice).

-Reduce mana costs

-Make fistweaving/mistweaving 2 separate specs, giving monk a total of 4. This is one I really really like the idea of and would be fine waiting a while for the rework to happen, if we were to get news that it’s going to happen.

Doesn’t even have to be all of my suggestions, but definitely need defensive buffs and reduced mana costs (even just like a 5-10% on mana would be amazing) and the fistweaving and mistweaving as separate specs in a big patch later. Just please Blizzard, I don’t wanna reroll or switch to a new game.

/signed

5 Likes

My biggest concern with MW right now is it’s lack of identity. There really isn’t anything special about the class now that the Chi, Sphere/Orb, and WoTC are gone. We’re literally a hot healing that has medicore CDs (except for Revival which is decent in PvE). I’m guessing we’re not going to see much changes until next patch, and it’s probably just going to be mana buffs and increases to our hots.

The only thing I really want right now is some form of WoTC and Soothing Mists off the GCD. I get that WoTC is kinda a baseline talent right now and to amend this, they can have a PvP talent that buffs our Invoke ability (Yulon or Chi-Ji) that reduces the CD and breaks root and stun.

5 Likes

That and some mana help would go a long way to stabilize MW until a bigger/more in depth pass.

Or this:

Mana Tea baseline would be helpful.

2 Likes

We need some kind of 1 shot protection!

/signed

5 Likes

I’ve gotten to the point at the end of heroic CN where I’m seeing the difference throughput wise compared to other classes. A similarly geared rshaman or rdruid are going to outheal a monk by a lot. Our hots are weak :frowning:

Instead of all the crying…why doesn’t someone create a comparison of our spells vs other healers and the mana cost associated?

1 Like

It would also need comparative use as well as what mechanics allow for regen. the spellbooks don’t have too many 1 to 1 comparisons

1 Like

MW Monk:
Life Cocoon: 2.4% of base mana–2min CD --Instant
Essence Font: 7.2% base mana–channeled, 15sec CD
Revival: 4.374% base mana–3min CD–Instant
Enveloping Mist: 6% base mana–Casted
Detox: 1.3% base mana–instant, 8 sec recharge
Soothing Mist: 0% base mana + 0.4% per second, 8 second channel
Invoke Yu’lon: 5% base mana, 3 minute CD–Instant
Renewing Mist: 2.2% base mana–9 second recharge (2 charge) instant
Vivify: 4.1% of base mana, casted

PVP: Surging Mist: 3.8% base mana, casted

Holy Paladin
Aura Mastery: No mana cost–instant
Holy Shock: 2.8% mana–instant
Light of Dawn: 3 Holy Power–instant
Light of the Matyr: 1.4% of base mana–instant and health sacrifice
Cleanse: 1.3% of base mana, 8 second recharge
Holy Light: 3% base mana, casted
Flash of Light: 4.4% base mana, casted
Word of Glory: 3 holy power, instant

If someone else wants to fill in the other classes they can–but I think this comparison is enough to demonstrate that Hpally has higher mana costs, yet is seen being the non “oomable” spec.

Why? Because they have a plethora of other tools to deal with this. Namely damage reduction.
Also, Holy shock and WOG can top someone in 1 global–whereas MW needs to either spam vivify or 1-2 EnvM to catch up with burst dmg, and doesn’t have DR related cd’s for their teammates.

I think this is enough of a clear indication

11 Likes

Did you get those off wowhead or straight from game?

Wowhead–Didn’t double check with in game

1 Like