Petition to bring back Brian Birmingham!

Blizzard has decided its better to be petty about its employee performance improvement program at the cost of retaining key leadership talent at the company - of people like Brian Birmingham, who gave us Classic WoW. This is yet another stupid decision by a company that can’t seem to stop shooting itself in the foot.

Petition below to ask Blizzard to re-hire Brian Birmingham, the OG WoW dev, who led the way to bring us Classic WoW - one of the most popular (and I’m sure profitable) WoW releases in years.

7 Likes

RDF incoming

7 Likes

Him leaving isnt gonna give you RDF. The parent company is more to blame for the lack of RDF than Brian is.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ gimme Biran plox

According to the article on his Twitter, Microsoft got rid of that policy 10 years ago:

Microsoft Corp., which plans to acquire Activision Blizzard for $69 billion pending regulatory review, put an end to its own stack-ranking program in 2013.

If the FTC had just allowed Microsoft to purchase Activision, Brian would still be there.

I blame the government.

2 Likes

what’s the over/under on rdf enthusiasts that call brian b a hero now

Nah, its good hes gone.

3 Likes

Brian has now said he hopes we don’t get RDF.

2 Likes

Source though?

Check his Twitter tweets and replies. Just under an hour ago.

Or, if you can’t find it among the sea of other tweets: Brian Birmingham hopes you don’t get RDF

What do you mean a petition to bring him back? he left on his own accord, he wasn’t fired, he left because of an unfair employee evaluation thing that they were enforcing.

Thanks, I looked at the tweets and it was mostly about the real discussion about the departure… but I read that and I’m guessing that was said tongue in cheek because his Twitter has been spammed about this by people with an obsession where their 24-hour, 7-day a week one and only focus in life is to get RDF put into WotLK C… because being completely obsessed with one part of a video game is totally normal or something.

On the real topic, I haven’t liked every change with Classic and some things have detracted from my enjoyment but I respect standing up for employees against bad company policies. That’s what the conversation for adults who want to have an actual discussion is about.

2 Likes

I think he’s finally able to say what he actually feels, with no more people breathing down his neck - I believe he doesn’t, and never did, want it.

1 Like

Hey genius , the “parent company” doesn’t care what features are or aren’t in the game.

2 Likes

Cost analysis my friend. Anyone whose been paying attention to the development of Classic knows there have been systems that had to be rebuilt because of the reverse engineering required to bring classic to the legion engine. (the gary exploit is a perfect example) If they would have had to rebuild the RDF system like they had to the arena system than the suits probably wouldnt like it due to pushing Wrath for quarterly earnings.

1 Like

This is the way.

1 Like

Yes blame the government for the faults of a gaming company. You know when your government is a democracy, you should be honest and say what you really mean. You blame democracy.

If only we had more monopolies and fewer choices! That would make gaming better! Sometimes I despair over the stupidity of Americans.

Glad he’s gone, hopefully we get rdf now

3 Likes

It was governments aka England was also blocking the purchase as well as playstation was blocking it because of call of duty.