Personal Loot Abuse

This street goes both way, yes the player gotta take care of the guild, but the guild gotta take care of the player too.

10 Likes

Yes. Too many people don’t want to join a guild, and be part of its community, they just treat the guild like a disposable diaper to get what they want.

It’s unfortunate.

5 Likes

Dont try to claim guilds dont use people too.

18 Likes

i think i’m going to have to frame that sentence lol

The guild takes care of the player by providing them with consistent raids and boss kills in a hopefully more efficient than PUGs fashion

It is not the responsibility of the guild to shower you in loot just because you showed up

4 Likes

This is a great post and unfortunately you’ve become what’s referred to as a “feeder” guild, where people just join you as a stepping stone.

Some of the suggestions I outlined above can prevent that. For example, working people gradually into the harder bosses until you can trust them.

But the best thing to do is to make your guild unique, and attract people who want to be in YOUR guild. Not just in ‘some guild, any guild really’. You don’t want those players. You want people who want to play with YOUR team.

3 Likes

well clearly in our experience to a lot of players the street is one way to them.

1 Like

Could that individual have obtained that item without the benefit of the other let’s say 19 people?

1 Like

But nor could the 19 without him/her

11 Likes

Could those 19 people have down the boss without that person? Why invite people you don’t trust?

This is a judgement problem.

16 Likes

I would say 19 people have a better chance of killing the boss than 1.

2 Likes

They would just fill the spot wtf?

2 Likes

Well, this is where you’re wrong.

Guilds don’t take trials on bosses because they need them. There are existing raiders sitting out to make room for them, in fact. You take trials on bosses to see if they work well with the team and will be good permanent members.

5 Likes

Then this problem happens again, the endless loop, they get someone else a pug, and rng blesses them once again with loot which they are entitled too.

I’m sort of trying to see the purpose of this thread :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, but I also find it good for the full future of the game that there’s a guild that wants to be a community and not just a feeder guild.

I want nothing but the best for this persons team.

1 Like

Progression guilds don’t pug. What are you going on about?

1 Like

The ONLY problem is that individuals are trying to prioritize themselves and their own loot progression over the progression of the raid. That does not work in a team setting.

That’s it. That’s the only problem.

1 Like

Read the comment I replied too before responding haha. That’s what I was commenting on.

1 Like

I’ve been sort of neutral on personal loot but i kinda hope master loot doesn’t return now.

A decent chunk of this argument is:

• “Not paying interns”
  • “You get paid in :sparkles:exposure:sparkles:
  • “We shouldn’t have to be accountable for our judgement!”

It’s just garbage.

22 Likes

I did. You don’t understand how progression raiding works.

1 Like