Persistent Green Circle Icon - "game data is being downloaded."

Deleting the data file and redownloading it seemed to have worked for now…prob not play till they fix it though seeing how some of you said it came back…man this sucks…

Having the issue as well, started last night/today. Took logs and sent them!

Same deal for me, started this afternoon. First noticed that world maps weren’t loading instantly as they normally do, and then they pop in suddenly. Now the green wheel keeps showing randomly. Launcher says I’m up-to-date.

Could it be a store update? I see all the store menu has been changed, and all the stuff I’ve purchased no longer has green checkmarks on them.

Also getting the Message Size Violation error when emailing my log. I sent mine around 11am Pacific today (9/24).

Seems send us your logs (that likely can’t be sent through consumer email services due to size restrictions) really means “It’s probably your fault. We don’t give a darn.” People reporting this since maintenance day, a request for logs from support and then silence after a number of people indicate they cannot.

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the logs that were able to be successfully submitted. We have forwarded them to our WoW QA team and they have informed us that they have enough to work with. No more logs are needed at this time.

Investigation is still ongoing.

5 Likes

It’s getting annoying very unplayable.

2 Likes

I am getting green circle and yellow, downloading important game data. game freezes randomly as I fly around Org. this is such crap, roll back the damn patch.

7 Likes

Thanks, hopefully there is a fix soon. Getting frustrated-

Hello! I am having this issue as well. I see that no more logs are needed, but I wanted to add some additional info that I didn’t see after a quick skim of this thread. It’s possible I missed it if someone else did mention it, but in any case, I play WoW in both macOS and Windows. I only see this issue when booted into macOS (10.15.6), but not in Windows (Windows 10 Pro with latest updates). I’m not sure if that makes a difference. I also use exactly the same add-ons in both Mac and Windows, so I don’t think that’s what’s causing it.

Hoping this gets fixed soon, but after spending the past week-ish thinking I was the only one with this problem, I’m at least glad to see that I’m not.

I play on windows 10, no pro but just regular 10 and I’m having the issue. I also have the latest version.

Also having this issue, started yesterday on both retail and beta clients. tried repair, game downloaded about 150mb of data, problem persists. Very annoying.

1 Like

I’m raising my hand for this. At least one other guild member has it as well that I know of.

Windows 10 Home here. Definitely not OS related.

Anyone have any word on a solution yet?

The final week to try for 5 masking Orgrimmar for Mad World is rapidly closing so I’m more anxious than usual to get this fixed. That vision had always lagged terribly for me (Stormwind vision was fine), tried twice again this week and it was totally unplayable. :cold_sweat: This is yet another reason I’m really against limited time content. :confused:

If the Battlet net app update from this morning was supposed to fix this issue, it didn’t. :frowning:

after several tests, my working solution was this:

• uninstall ALL versions of wow, retail, classic, PTR, beta, etc…

• delete my WOW folder … as there will still be files left in the folders

• install ONLY the WOW retail

The game will function as normal without the loading.

The issue returns once I install the Shadowlands Beta.

The issue shows up both in Retail and Beta after SL install.

funfunfun

2 Likes

Did you accept the 20 gig prepatch download for retail? I’m wondering if the problem is in there since I’d already completely removed anything WoW / Blizzard / battlenet from my computer and did a fresh install of only retail. At first if seemed ok, but now I’m wondering if it was in the prepatch files since I still haven’t re-installed the PTR or classic but the problem is back. (I’m not on Beta.)

I honestly don’t remember for certain when the 20g download happened but I think it was immediately after the usual download. I know I waited for all downloads to finish before attempting to log in though… just not certain if they happened one immediately after the other of if it was done, then the prepatch arrived the next login. :confused:

Also can confirm the battlenet update didn’t fix it for me either.

Is this occurring for anyone that does not have PTR or Beta clients installed? I did notice there was an update to the PTR client (nothing on retail) the day I started seeing the issue.

To add to this: I’m wondering if perhaps just uninstalling PTR might do something toward resolving the spinning disc.