Perpetual server's night time during Oceanic's day time due to CRZ

I really hate to play WoW in a night-time environment, but I’m stuck with it. Is there any way that I can choose to play only in the day-time environment in WoW? I’m living in a GMT+8 timezone and I am currently playing on an Oceanic server. I used to be able to see the sun but for some reasons, ever since a few years back, I was no longer able to see the sun despite playing during the day-time of its server time.

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume every server and realm now go by one universal day/night cycle?, and that it’s calibrated to mimic America? That’s nice for you guys, but I would like to see the day for once. Can we please get out own separate day and night cycle to suit us, Oceanic players?

I’m a day-time person, to me, I personally think that the zones in WoW look absolutely gorgeous during its day-time, but look bad (in my opinion) when it is night-time. I can’t see that well in the dark and the colours are not really colourful during night-time.

With the existing CRZ technology, I don’t understand why this technology cannot be further tapped upon to enable players to ‘phase’ to the timing of the day of their choosing if that is their preference. The amount of programming that needs to be done should be minimal but the utility bestows upon the individual player is immense.

Imagine how immersive it would be, for example, if I’m able to phase to the same time in WoW as what it is outside in my RL!!

We already have different optional phasing being implemented in WoW, with the latest being ‘war mode’. Please do give consideration to our request. Players have been asking for this for a long time! The option to choose our own day/night cycle in WoW is really a great boon to the individual playing experience!

So please either:

1. provide an individual day/night cycle for Oceanic players or;
  2. give us the option to phase to the timing of the day of our choosing.

There is no reason why Oceanic players have to be kept in darkness and be denied the splendid and colourful day-time Azeroth that we equally deserved as paying customers.

If Blizzard wants to increase their market share in the eastern markets, they should seriously look into this issue. Please don’t forget that the Warcraft movie made the majority of its profits from the overseas markets! Please don’t forget us!

Thank you!

4 Likes

No. Welcome to the world of shift workers.

1 Like

Good news!

4 Likes

There is something that can help. At the Caverns of Time is a vendor who sells Sunwarmed Sand that turns it to daytime for a couple hours. Costs Timewarped Badges and is BoP though. She also sells a permanent toy that does the same, but it has a 24 hour cd (because why not?).

Should just put Oceanic on their own cycle really.

2 Likes

OMG! Thanks for telling me about this toy! I wasn’t aware of it! Love ya!

Just got it! A bit disappointed that it lasts for only 2 hours, but this is still better than nothing! They should really increase the duration further.

Thanks again!

1 Like

I just bought this tonight too. Looking forward to using it when I need it!

You’re a nice guy

Can we request for the cooldown for Jar of Sunwarmed Sand to be 5 mins instead of 1 day?

I recently moved back to Hawai’i and every time I play, which is after work or when I get home from the beach etc, it’s night time in WoW. It’s depressing to me always being night time. Basically seasonal affective disorder but from the game.

I was planning to switch to an Oceanic server so it would be the opposite until I realized they are all on the same day night cycle.

There’s no reason for this that I can tell. I notice people explain it by saying there are some NPCs that spawn at night or some quests rely on night time. I don’t see how that’s relevant. If it’s day in Australia how does that affect the day/night cycle on a US server?

Please Blizzard, make the day/night cycle region specific, or even better make it shorter than 24 hours like most MMOs!