Permanently Ban Boosting Everywhere

This ban of boosting communities has not actually gone the way Blizzard has wanted, What has happened is all these boosting communities are still active 100% just the difference is they are all saying “Guild Group/Friend Group” offering services when in reality it is just the communities. But now the difference is there are alot more scams going on because these “Friend Groups/Guild Groups” Which arent actually a group of friends, or arent a guild.

@Blizzard you either need to make this boosting a part of your terms of play, and regulate it, and have an oversight to it to stop the scams or BAN it PLEASE 100% NO CARRY’s NO BOOSTING. MAKE PEOPLE ACTUALLY EARN THEIR Achievements. This game has lost its way, the people that actually play the game to have Cutting Edge/ Keystone Master/ Ahead of the Curve with the same people that are just paying for it, its ruining the game. Why should i learn the tactics, be a good player, and try hard, when some rich kid takes mommy and daddy’s money and buys the same achievements that i actually have to earn.

The game has turned into Pay to Play, you cant take anyones mythic+ score seriously, you cant take their raid experience correctly, or anything else, You are allowing these people to buy their experience instead of earning it.

Please just BAN Boosting, or atleast stop all advertising in Trade chat, LFG, Or anywhere else, allow people to carry and help each other that they already know but not ruin the quality of life for the game.

This topic is going to stir the pot, But anyone that has a problem with this is either making money/gold from boosting, or they are the ones buying the boost. Blizzard its your time to make a decision, either ban this completely or approve it and start regulating it with an oversight and stop the scamming and spamming. Make a new boosting chat spam for people to list boosting so we dont have to have a trade chat spam of boosting. Figure out a way to regulate this correctly, but you guys just ignoring this for years now, claiming its not against the terms but its not approved, it just not gonna cut it anymore.

LETS FIX THIS ALL TOGETHER BLIZZARD!

45 Likes

This will never happen.

8 Likes

Yes ban boosting.

Also ban booster seats while we’re at it just be sure.

6 Likes

Ban Russian made booster seats to support Ukraine.

7 Likes

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yeah every players in the game are boosted for sure dude zzzzzzzzzz

just get good , 90% of end game players are legit players

6 Likes

banning the advertising i can see. but how would they stop guildies or friends from just ‘helping’ a friend out, lol.
The only argument against boosting is the ad spamming.
Other than that, it just feels like infantile petulance because someone feels he didnt get something quite as easily as someone else.

4 Likes

This dude gets boosted.

8 Likes

this dude don’t play the game

Better idea. Ban the anti-booster brigades. Their constant whining is far more cringey and annoying in trade chat than houkan ever were.

19 Likes

They should ban boosting advertisements or give them their own channels. It won’t go away, but I’d be fine if it just wasn’t something that I had to deal with cluttering things in game.

1 Like

They don’t need to ban boosting, boosting has been around since Vanilla.

What they need to do is give up on the WoW token. They won’t, but they should. Until they do any system that is directly influenced by gold (SL Legendaries for example) or even indirectly (boosting) is impacted by the ability for any player to inject continuous cash into the game for results. Even innocent gold sinks such as vendor mounts or rare transmogs, etc are now mired by the ability for players to decide they want a thing, but they don’t want to spend the time getting the thing, so they will opt out of it with tokens. To me that’s not a healthy game design.

At least they’ve reduced the ability to advertise in game though.

5 Likes

if you want a full legit experience then push RWF , KSM , PVP the first week

nobody can boost others if they did not clear the content lol

Imo boosting is more a problem of availability than it is actuality.

By that, I mean that people notice boosting because an ad for boosting stands out. We see a lot of ads so we think a lot of it goes on.

And no doubt boosting does happen! And it’s very profitable for the people that do it. But it’s probably not as huge as the advertising seems.

Blizzard could easily make a boosting channel that would only be allowed for it and you would have to add yourself to this channel to even see the spam.

Yeah, agree!

1 Like

I mean, it has always existed. It’ll always exist.

There’s also the social aspect of people just helping their friends, friends of friends, guildies, etc.

To Blizzard’s credit, I have been seeing far less advertisements, and one of the couple of advertisements I now see appear to be the same group using a different website. But they use the same exact format so it wasn’t hard to spot.

1 Like

All the people who hate it have to do to never see it again is run badboy.

They won’t do it though. They’d rather wallow in their outrage

4 Likes

Why do you care what some rich kid does?

If you’re enjoying the game and not buying boosts, some rich kid buying one has zero effect on you.

Now if you’re complaining about a rich kid buying a boost and ruining your key in a pug because he can’t use all that fancy gear… well you’re doing it wrong.

If you have a solid group you always run keys with, and rarely ever get a pug to fill one spot, then that rich kid won’t matter AT ALL to your game.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you, and the solution should be simple and easy to implement, for example…

Only the buyers should be advertising “looking for a boost” and the sellers whisper them. Sellers are not allowed to advertise or face an account ban.

That would stop all the spam on trade. And if the are actually a limited number of buyers, the entire industry would dry up, simple.

2 Likes

I honestly looked at Trade in Thrall and didn’t really see any boosting advertisement. However, I didn’t look in pugs.

1 Like

Non team based ranked modes please, solo ilv progression paths being put it would hit boosters like the asteroids hit the dinosaurs.