Permanent Tree Form

Guardian: Bear Form
Feral: Cat Form
Balance: Moonkin Form

Restoration: Nada

Can someone at Blizz just finally implement a permanent Tree Form for Resto? The Treant spell/glyph is nice, but a withered bark tree doesn’t exactly fit the whole resto narrative.

Make it something like the blossoming ancient model or make the Tree of Life form the permanent model and give it some sort of “buff” like the other 3 specs.

Stop the Resto oppression.

6 Likes

Good god, please do not make me spend all my time in resto as the incarnation tree of life form. That thing is U-G-L-Y! Walking whiskey barrel? No thanks, I’ll take caster form all day long!

Only way I support is if it’s customizable OR does not benefit or hinder throughput being in or out of the form.

7 Likes

How about can glyph it to remain in caster form (Like the do with the Moonkin star form) =)

3 Likes

Works for me, get to work Blizz!! Glyph is a simple answer to my last post. +1 here

they just need to add more skins to the treant form imo, it would help out a lot.

different color leaves or variations would be nice…i think we’ve even seen a few different treant skins in game already, so wouldn’t be hard to add and touch them up a bit.

8 Likes

You can already use a glyph to be in tree form.

2 Likes

No thanks. I was very happy to be rid of perma-tree at the end of Wrath.

Honestly, I’m not sure it would fit into modern Resto anyway. Back then, healing was a full time job, but nowadays we spend a fair amount of time DPSing in other forms. Having to spend another GCD to get back into healing mode sounds pretty awful.

3 Likes

We had one - but they removed it because of PvP reasons - was much too easy to find the healer (the tree amongst the group) and single them out. You didn’t have to be in tree form, but I think tree form at the time gave some sort of buffs (increased healing of the sorts I believe)

I feel old now that we’ve got forum posters who didn’t play this game in wrath and have no realization that some of the things they ask for already happened. In the forever time, in the long long ago.

3 Likes

yeah i think some of us are asking for that form to have more customizable options, since it’s been neglected…like cosmetically, different colored or styled tree forms :slight_smile:

1 Like

Go to your Legion home place and get the tree form.

While I certainly like the idea of a permanent resto form coming back, it had other balance issues. As said above, it made it very easy to identify the resto druid, but given how widespread addons are, this really isn’t an issue anymore. However, being in form also prevents you from being CC’d which is one major reason they’ll likely never do this on the healer. Can we be CC’d while in Treant form now? I don’t know.

I’m honestly more in agreement with some of the other comments. If you really want a tree form to cast in, you can use the legion glyph to unlock a permanent tree form that behaves just like caster form. However, it’s quite ugly and basic these days so some additional cosmetic options would be a great addition to the game.

Seeing as how Druids have it the worst since all the effort and time they spend collecting tmogs and such is a waste, Blizzard really could do more to expand the morph options some. Honestly, I don’t see why if it can be a hunter pet it cannot also be a Druid form. We could even go out and ‘capture’ these forms in some way.

But yea, I’d kill for a tirnenn form.

1 Like

Yeah. Current Treant form (glyph) is just a cosmetic. Pretty much a waste of a gcd since it doesn’t offer anything. The talent tree form makes you immune to poly though i think

No thanks. Give me green dragon form instead.

resto tree form used to be a thing. but it got canned a while ago. that is where the glyph came from it is the old tree form. I think it was BC era was it’s thing. but yeah it was moonkin but as a healer. gave poly immunity some healing bonus and a few things

I love the tree firm back in warth is so fun to be in tree form!

It offers a lot. Use it and stand in a campfire once.

Works 50% of the time though :frowning:

If I remember correctly it increased healing, gave armor, protected from poly, but you couldn’t cast harmful spells and I think you walked slower.

Yeah that sounds right.