Permanent Broom Mount in 2023?

So, I’m going to keep this short. This is one of the most requested things every single year, for over a decade. (I don’t want to link old threads, but here are two from this year alone already):

Is there any chance we could have a permanent broom mount added next year for Hallow’s End? I say next year as I have no doubts it’s too late to make it this year.

For a lot of people - it’s the simplicity of the mount that’s appealing. We don’t have many of those in wow. The closest we have available year round is the red flying cloud. But the surfing animation ruins it for a lot of people.

We aren’t asking for it to be instant cast year round. You can easily have it be instant cast only during Hallow’s End, just like the toys that have reduced CDs during certain holidays and such. Or even have the temporary magic broom mount that’s instant cast available from the same place it always has been, but with a permanent version (with a cast time) from the vendor.

This leaves the mount special during Hallow’s End, but still available year round for those of us who like it aesthetically.

38 Likes

I haven’t logged in to check, so I might be incorrect here, but does Hallow’s End have any other mount besides Headless Horsemen? I think the answer is no?

And again, I might need to be fact checked here… but if memory serves me right, there are other holidays that have 2 mounts - 1 that is a rare drop off a boss/event mob and 1 that can be bought off a vendor for some currency, so adding a Broom mount to a vendor for some HE event currency could totally work.

Personally I love the mount for many reasons and I would love to see this happen.

11 Likes

Only the HH mount and the temporary broom mount for Hallow’s End. They could just sell the broom mount for candies next year as a perma mount - would be great.

And yeah, some of the events have multiple mounts, but not all of them:

• Timewalking has the 1% timereaver plus the ones you can get w/ badges on rotation.
  • DMF has multiple vendor mounts
  • Love is in the Air has the dreaded abyssmal drop rate X-45 heartbreaker but also the Strider you can buy w/ tokens.
  • Brewfest has the ram and kodo; both a daily drop chance (and the removed ram).
  • Noblegarden has just the Strider you can buy on the vendor
  • Winterveil has Grumpus chance from garrison dailies, and the temporary reindeer (I would LOVE a perma-reindeer!!_
8 Likes

Personally I like that the broom mount is only available during Halloween season. It makes the game feel more festive with everyone flying around on brooms and pumpkin heads during this season. I feel that ambience would be lost if it was available year-round.

4 Likes

I disagree with this statement.

If a permanent broom mount (with a cast time) were added - you’d see it just as commonly as any other mount throughout the year. It wouldn’t ruin the ambience. Is the Winter Veil ambience ruined by us being able to use Reindeer Mounts year round with Preserved Holly? What about Brewfest with Preserved Hops? What about the Love Rocket for Love is in the Air?

I think if they added a cast time broom that was learnable as a mount and useable year round - you’d see it just as often as any other mount. You might see it extremely commonly for the first month after it’s first released - but this is the case with literally every mount they release outside of a major patch. After that, it’d even out.

Whereas, if they made it instant cast during Hallow’s End - or made it possible to loot an instant cast version - you’d still see the massive amount of brooms you do nowadays.

The Ambience would stay intact, but allow those who really love the broom mount to use it year round if they want.

4 Likes

If it had a cast time it would just be shelved like everyother mount. I think what I like most is how minimalist the mount is and how it almost looks like the flying jetpack from mechagon. They add the jetpack and everyone would be using that just how good it looked

I would still use it with a cast time. We lack simple basic mounts, they’re all over the top nowadays lol.

But just further reinforces my point that it wouldn’t ruin the ambience. More people would ride it during hallows end while it’s instant cast and the rest of the year itd be as common as any other mount as it’d be shelved by most people to use their favorites.

8 Likes