Permabans for gold buyers please

I think the vast majority know the negative effects. They just don’t care. They’re perfectly fine with effectively pricing people out of the game.

1 Like

tokens were not around in old tbc…they should NOT be implemented. as for gold buyers, just look on AH for weird names selling 1 item for 1900g…see how many folks are buying gold? all a GM would need to do is look at ah then investigate.

I’ll be honest, and its gonna show just how simple minded I am. I had no idea bots could do such elaborate things like successfully run instances. I do remember the big pally ban not to long ago but I was under the assumption it was from using some sort of looting addon.

It seems like suspensions and bans are still being issued to buyers so perhaps Blizz does occasionally do their job.

I hadn’t played retail in so long I had forgotten about buying a token off the ah to pay for a monthly subscription. Never made sense to me but whatever, $20. token = $16. subscription.

This is it right here. For whatever reason, doing this using the automated systems isn’t working. They need to spend the money and get actual GMs back. If cost of living vs expenses in California is a problem, they can work remotely. They can fix the problem if they wanted to.

so what is the community council doing about this? only thread i saw was a post saying tokens should be implemented as a ‘last resort’. i am assuming the person who posted the thread did not play original game…[TBC/Classic] RMT, Botting, and the Token

Person A buys the token from Blizzard for $20, then sells to person B for a set amount of gold. Assuming person B has farmed all the gold legitimately, they’re basically trading gold for play time.

Interesting. I thought they could only be redeemed by “gifting someone with game balance” or through the AH where blizzard set the market price.

You’re right. I should have added the AH part.

But Blizzard setting the price wasn’t how it was originally. At first, the market dictated demand. So the value would go up and down. As you can imagine, this didn’t sit well with people who wanted to buy gold, so they changed it in Legion I believe.

Hi there, I did indeed play TBC. I would much rather RMTers get perma’d more than anything else; tokens are brought up as a concept with regard to Blizzard’s apparent callous disregard to botting

1 Like

As far as I’m aware, Blizzard only ever set the price of the original batches of tokens and thereafter its been determined entirely by supply and demand. They might tweak the cost behind the scenes though, I’m not sure.

NO TOKENS, leave classic as is. people want tokens, go play retail where they ruined the game. investigate gold sellers, it’s not hard to find them. even a google search will show you. hell, send someone to ‘pose’ as a buyer and nail them that way. so what if servers lose some pop; they are losing the bots/farmers/boosters that are the cause of the gold issue.

1 Like

You could be right. I haven’t played retail in a while.

Looking at the patch notes, the token was introduced in WoD. I distinctly remember them being worth more or less depending on how many were on the AH. I also remember them changing that some time later so that they sold for a set amount.

Hi…I’m Chris Hansen…

2 Likes

i know on mandrik server, there are several boosters who offer to SELL you gold too. why is that not being investigated? will screenshots work?

You can’t arrest somebody for breaking ToS. This is purely a defensive battle. The thing they need to do is the thing they don’t want to do: hire actual people to eyeball things.

Oh, I know who you are Chris Hansen. But see I likes to call ya Chris Handsome.

1 Like

Botting and RMT is so disgustingly prevalent that the only true measure to combat it is personal surveillance. Multiple small teams need to be dedicated to investigating this, especially ingame, and Blizzard seems hesitant to spend any money on doing so, and creating jobs to do so, whatsoever.
Even GMs haven’t been seen ingame in many moons, and especially not in Classic. If there simply isn’t money allocated to those jobs in their budget (even though that’s ridiculous as this is a multi-billion dollar company AND we all pay a sub fee…), what can we do?

1 Like

Exactly - and these same people buy gold, creating inflation which punishes people for playing the game properly. Yet somehow they still believe that the solution is to bring in failed retail game design by making it possible to buy gold without breaking the rules.

Hiring people to actively get ahead of the issue here is the best solution but also the least likely. As you said, they haven’t got any intention of putting resources on this. They’re only looking at this as a financial model and I will bet they’d sooner bring in the in game store and tokens before they’d ever consider hiring GM’s to try tackling the issue. Even if they did fix the botting now it’s too little too late and the damage is already done to the economy. All you can really do to tell Blizzard what you want is to vote with your wallet.

i see a lot of posts talking about ways to curb gold buying. the title of the post is permabans for gold buyers please. this will absolutely change some buyers minds about buying gold if implemented. and ban cheaters. lots of people arguing against something that has only positive effects for honest players, pretty suspect.

off topic, but F the wow token. i dont care who profits RMTs ruin the game.

2 Likes