Permabans for gold buyers please

come on blizzard, do this for the health of the game. Brian Birmingham (dev) just revealed on the Countdown To Classic Podcast that gold buying is a 3 day ban. that means i can buy all the gold i want and i only risk losing a weekend of wow.

20 Likes

Only the very best, the most qualified can be the conductor on this trainwreck.

3 Likes

He said they increased punishments and people been reporting 2 week bans now for 1st time offenders

1 Like

Unnecessarily bullying the playerbase does no favors for the game’s “health.” So long as gold is tradable, people will trade it. That’s kind of the point. It’s up to players to decide what they trade it for. Even if gold was made soulbound, then they’ll just trade items instead.

What Blizzard should actually do is put in tokens. Rather than try to dictate what people can or can’t do with their gold; Blizzard should just put in tokens so they get the revenue for it. Blizzard learned this lesson a long time ago… then unlearned it with the new classic.

“Ha, when did penalizing cheaters become “bullying?” This is not rocket science. Don’t cheat, and you won’t get banned.”
-It’s only “cheating” because Blizzard says it is. That’s not a good reason to defend something. Furthermore, they write their own EULA and could change it any day. This isn’t some kind of law they have no control over and are forced to enforce. This is their game, and they can do whatever they want with it. They can say what is or is not “cheating” or simply not enforce the rules (usually what they do anyway).

“Is that what banning cheaters is? Unneccessary bullying? They broke the rules. They can win stupid prizes for playing stupid games.”
-I don’t like repeating myself in the same thread. The text I already typed above literally addresses this rubbish.

“Then don’t. The ignore function works for a reason. Post stupid garbage on the forums, people will call you out for it.”
-Then I will block you, as you seem to want. Your “stupid garbage” will no longer be visible to me for quite a long time. Farewell.

17 Likes

Why do you not ask them to police the botters and 3rd world sellers that are the main contributor to the problem. If they didn’t allow them to sell such cheap gold with no repercussions, far less people would buy it and the customers (most of whom feel forced to buy gold since bots/Indos control open world farms) would have a better game.

7 Likes

both should be banned. i feel like there are already a lot of anti-botting posts so i didn’t talk about it. but yeah ban them both.

thanks, i try.

if they add tokens i would quit the game. i am only one person so i doubt that carries any weight.

imo, tokens are the #1 reason retail sucks. retail is constantly trying to find some way to engage players in between raids. in classic that is done with gold/professions/raid prep/reps. in retail gold/professions/raid prep are all free if you have a job irl. so you get world quests and a thousand systems to try and keep you engaged. gold is literally the part of the game for the solo player.

but thats not what this is about. this is about banning gold buyers.

far less likely if gold buying is a permaban

10 Likes

How much of the playerbase doesn’t have a job tho lmao?

Who are these people?

1 Like

At level 14 you get Drain Life and that makes things a bit easier. IMO Level up and a bit and enjoy the game some more before jumping in here to complain about stuff that doesn’t even affect you yet. You’re way too early on your adventure to be stressing over this kind of thing.

3 Likes

its funny watching gold buyers try to defend against them being banned. you can’t argue the topic and have to find some other way to defend yourself.

15 Likes

I don’t buy gold, nor do I support the activity. I just think you should enjoy the game. There’s plenty of time to worry about these issues when you are 70 and waiting for groups.

1 Like

Calling bans for RMT “bullying” is a bit hyperbolic. Allowing players to repeatedly break the rules isn’t great for the overall “health,” either.

Ban the buyers and the sellers.

Also, introduce tokens to Classic.

5 Likes

Guilds cannot even fill their rosters to complete raids. Lizzard cannot afford to ban anyone.

4 Likes

Ha, when did penalizing cheaters become “bullying?” This is not rocket science. Don’t cheat, and you won’t get banned.

13 Likes

Hes one of the worst forum contraians. Dude flip flops stances all the time as long as he can be condescending to people.

4 Likes

love seeing those people who bought gold, then quit the game, having their acc inactive for a while and then get hacked by said site, used for botting to receive a 6month ban. Wish that would happen more often to these people.

5 Likes

People buying gold are hardly players, they are customers, buyers, consumers.
Players farm their own gold, because farming gold is part of the game.

There is no excuse for buying gold.

18 Likes

Oof. Asking for the coin is such a cope and just defends a multi billion dollar company with more than enough money to prevent 99% of gold buying yet absolutely refuses to do so because it would cost them money.

3 Likes

revealed ? that’s known for a while now. you get a ban on tuesday reset until Thursday and lose your raid days probably. also they take away your gold and mounts or any other items you purchased. either way who cares , it’s a pve game

There may be a little correlation there. Much less causation.

Tokens are already in the game. you buy a retail token and find someone willing to trade you an agreed upon amount of TBC C gold for the value of a token. at the time I type this its around 1000g-1400g per token. This is 100% legit. The problem is finding a reputable person you trust with gold on your TBC C server. but there is a dedicated discord for just this. Now if you get taken Blizz does nothing and that discord community has done what they can to ensure you get your gold but scammers are always trying to impersonate others there. … The risk is all yours.

The only thing is adding a token directly to classic will do is make it easier for non farmers/botters to get legitimate gold easier

2 Likes