Perm Bans for Large Scale TSM use! Be careful!

Hey everyone I know posts like this get plenty of hate on here not lookin for sympathy only trying to get a Blues attention.

I run the Modest Millions gold making YT channel and I got a perm ban for “exploitative behavior”. First they labeled it as botting &hacking and now the last appeal labeled it as exploitative. So here is a run down:

I use no third party software, my keyboard nor my mouse have program ability, I don’t use macros other than moonfire casting macros when farming. My only big addons other than cosmetic ones are ELVUI and TSM. And a majority of what I do in the game is AH posting , farming for transmog, restocking crafted mog etc.

And I’m not alone others are receiving this kind of perm ban for simply playing the AH.

And to clarify I have not done any cross server market manipulation. I post twice a day before I go to work and when I come back. And I only cancel scan enchants on tuesdays and normally only for 3-4 hours during peak reset. I’m guessing that they are looking at the amount of posted items and value ?? I have probably anywhere from 5-15 mil worth of current shadowlands items posted at any time. And another 3-5 mil posted in Transmog and old crafted items.

I’m assuming that these are bans from spam reports from people after seeing all the recent posts about “AH Bots” and others on the server competing for sales.

You would think that after seeing that no third party software was used, no botting, no hacking, no manipulation, just simply crafting and posting that a GM would see these spam reports as false however I am on my 4th appeal with no success and cut and paste “go away” responses.

So anyone posting on the AH with or without TSM just make sure your careful. Hopefully I can get this actually looked at by a GM . I know I’m not the first to have this much issue with the appeal process but it’s crazy that they take blind spam reports as fact. Hope no one else gets caught up in this!!

Forum Moderator Note: This topic has been closed as we do not allow discussions of Disciplinary actions on the forums; you will have to wait on the appeals process. That said, while we can’t go into details, your speculation as to the cause of the action is inaccurate. Player reports are the start of the investigation process, not the end.

6 Likes

You shouldn’t be talking about that here, but I will say that Blizzard is rarely wrong when they hand out bans, particularly after multiple appeals. You obviously did something that was against the rules and you’re not telling us the full story.

10 Likes

I used to think that but now I know that is flat out wrong.

15 Likes

Yeah blizzard is for sure wrong on many bans. Because with simply spam reports you can get caught in the automated system.

5 Likes

Like use ConsolePort?

oh wait…

2 Likes

Personally I don’t think that the AH should be able to be usable with addons at all. When there was the old AH interface… ABSOLUTLY. That one was garbage incarnate. The new one now? You don’t really need addons, and they only really help the exploiters these days.

7 Likes

What’s the worst that can happen…maybe they will get banned, lol

5 Likes

Not sure how it’s any different from DBM or Weak Aura? Which I’m sure like almost all the rest of the player base you probably use. I think being told when a boss ability will happen or what your rotation should be only helps the exploiters …

2 Likes

Post on the CS forums.

3 Likes

Maybe I can upgrade to a bnet ban…

1 Like

That can happen, however you’ve appealed multiple times now. No mistake was made here.

What’s that^ all about?

Just my personal opinion and observation To be fair this would be accurate with the blizzard of old, used to be complaints on how long it took them to ban hackers while they were doing research and monitoring it, I’m just not sure that’s the case anymore been reading about the controller add on thing (I’m still ole Keyboard and mouse so didn’t have an issue) and people playing one account getting hit (guess it would be possible to do it with a remote 2nd account not attached in your B-net) but you’d think some in game observation would have cleared that up fast and had them look back at their data first (seeing a number of overturns means they didn’t I’m guessing).

From what I read the issue with TSM I guess it could give advantage in PVP situations (if I’m understanding that’s it replaced textures)

if this forum is any indication, lol, thats exactly what Id expect.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info!

Assuming you’re not forgetting details of your story I would wager “exploitative behavior” can cover “simply playing the AH” if you do it too well :laughing:

I usually go from not using addons and then someone will catch me with the old 1s trick and then I’ll go back to addons because they prevent me from posting items at 1s since I can set a minimum price for what I want to sell at and anything below that prevents my items from being listed

That’s not affecting other players though. If Blizz doesn’t like some WeakAura or Addon someone makes then they’ll break it (AVR) or they’ll take away API (no more getting players nearby range).

5 Likes

Yeah I really hope you don’t ever have it happen to you regardless what you think. And I’m put the thing about macros in bc I was asked if I was using DE macros and I don’t.

2 Likes

Are you implying that no ban has ever been turned over after multiple appeals?

1 Like

My guess would be:

/cleartarget [dead][noharm]
/target [dead][noharm]
/Cast Moonfire

I used that on my druid back in the day to mass pull mobs with moonfire then drop a starfall to finish them.

1 Like

One less druid. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:+1:
and god knows we get enough complaints about that in here…lol.
just the false claims about ‘bots’ when its ‘boxers’ is enough to make us understand that many of the accusations flying around are based on ignorant emotionalism in need of a scapegoat, lol.
Same thing with AH selling.
They cant keep up with another seller, so he just HAS to be a bot, lol.
Then they describe exactly what I did on a daily basis and I wouldnt know how to use a bot if I tried, lol.
TSMs cancel scan needs to be disabled and also only allow a handful of cancels per daily reset for mistakes in listing.
that would help alleviate some of this ‘problem’

2 Likes