People will ALWAYS AFK out of losses, unless you add Conquest Points to the losing teams side

Yeah, when you get to binary either/or thinking like that, you know you are likely not thinking right. It’s not like people fall into your either/or categories you just described. You set up conditions that describe your black/white way of looking at it. But that has no relationship to reality, or the huge range of reasons people like PvP.

The biggest failure of all in your sentence, is it shows you don’t acknowledge that gear isn’t just some “reward”, some carrot, that you munch as you play the game.

Gear is intrinsic to your ability to survive, do damage, heal, get battleground objectives, etc.

So you don’t have to only “be there” for either a “carrot”, OR, your love of PvP.

Because the reward of better gear, makes you more viable in PvP. Dying less, getting more HK’s, or getting more Battleground objectives, becomes more likely as your gear improves.

That’s why the carrot metaphor fails entirely. Failure to recognize that gear-score matters in PvP.

We all know, if you were offered the option of the best gear from the tournament realm, or some ilvl 225 greens, for the next BG you played, which one you’d choose.

There’s a reason you replace your old gear with better gear. And it has nothing to do with carrots. And everything with PvP being more fun that way.

Honor level 1 means you haven’t PVP in half a decade.

1 Like

A carrot on a stick is a motivational tactic using rewards to encourage behaviour.
If you aren’t doing BGs for the sake of PvP then you are there for the carrot. In other words, you are there because there is something external from the core gameplay element which is motivating you to do the BG, aka a carrot.

The people who afk out are the problem.

3 Likes

…or it’s an extra/alt account being used as a forum alt.

Honor level 1 means the person never PvPs, even ion’s honor level is like 4 or 5 (and he almost never PvPs).

Achieves are account wide and he has no honor achieves soooo yea. Or prestige achieves.

A sockpuppet.

There’s so much blah, blah, blah one liners disagreeing with the OP on a core problem with the game. Blizzard either can’t, doesn’t know, or understand how to balance the game good enough to draw people into the various contents of their game. The OP has a valid point. We’re at the end of the expansion, what is wrong with allow people to actually feel like they’re on par with others in PvP in terms of gear? Once they have the gear, then they improve on where they’re struggling rather than being behind the ball from season to season on gear catch up. I like to PvP from time to time, but I don’t like the gear grind. No matter how much gear you have, PvP is a team effort. The problems discussed above is another issue of the game which gear plays a role in but isn’t the core problem of that. So big whoop if lesser players get better gear to have fun. If you’re on top, you’ll stay on top. At the least you’d get more people to engage in the content because there’s upwards momentum in gearing.

3 Likes

Lately I been seen well geared premades farming pugs; Yea, according to Blizzard’s policy you can queue with friends; problem as it that pugs wont stand a change in completing their weekly’s and dailies.

So;

You absolutely Right!
Blizzard should/Need’s to give conquest pts to the loosing team;
If there’s’ an incentive then no one will leave the match.

3 Likes

Yea… okay

1 Like

I have zero issues with it.

You’re missing the point.

1 Like

No you just used a bad example.

No, I just know you live on the forum, and live to argue, and despite missing the point, post as if you have a clue.

6 Likes

When it’s disorganized, and there is no incentive to battle on, people leave all of the bg’s and brawls. Whether people leave after completing an event or killing the boss is not the point. There’s no point to NOT afk out of anything when there’s nothing to gain. Airhead.

4 Likes

Yes there is.
Fun and PvP.

1 Like

People do Classic Ashran for the cp for completing the brawl. Once you do events and kill boss, people will leave because that’s what they’re there for

And the net result is that people who lose most often will continue to lose and fall further behind the more they play.

This is the argument that was fought out endlessly in the forums when they decided to remove rewards for losers because “they don’t deserve nuthin.”

Failing to reward participation means people stop participating, ie, they stop queuing because it’s clear there is no reason whatever for them to queue. And that’s what’s happened to PvP. People who find their content has been made nothing but a pointless waste of time stop doing it.

7 Likes

it’s not just that you get nothing from losses, you also get mediocre gear from wins

pvp used to give Best-in-Slot pvp gear due to scaling or pvp specific stats and bonuses while serving as mediocre pve gear. Now it is just mediocre or bad pve gear.

supposedly bliz was encouraging more participation in pvp by getting rid of any gear requirement in legion, and by making pve gear BIS for pvp in BfA. Both strategies utterly failed as the ranked ladders emptied out compared to the past 4-5 xpacs.

Ion’s B team of diablo devs just trashing almost every founder idea that built wow into the powerhouse. Stewards of the slow death, totally given up.

4 Likes

In other words those people didn’t actually enjoy PvP. They did it because of a carrot on a stick. Now that the carrot is no longer dangling in front of them they do not want to do PvP anymore.

2 Likes

PvP is now designed by mythic raiders for mythic raiders. Everybody else is collateral damage.

LOL. The idea that “I deserve my guaranteed sweet rewards and will continue to demand more because I deserve more, but those people deserve nothing and should play the game for love of playing” is hilariously unaware.

The entire game is built around participation rewards that encourage people to continue to participate. That’s how the genre works. Take away your rewards and you will stop playing your own content soon. Very soon.

But we do see this elitist attitude whenever casual content comes up. “Remove LFR rewards, those people don’t deserve gear, if they want gear upgrades they should be forced to do mythic raiding.”

LOL again.

9 Likes