People Who Want a "Morally Grey" Alliance

Yes because as I have said several times now to become morally gray a faction must be allowed to commit a morally black action.
Thats why when Andiun (Blizzard) was trying to find some reason to bring Alliance down to the same level as the Horde he had to bring up Arthas of all people.

Thus me.
Telling you.
Allow Alliance to do a morally black moment and make it a story forcus like Theramore or Teldrassil have become.
But you don’t want that even though you are complaining about Alliance moral purity. Either don’t complain or embrace the one solution.

Your response was that since Alliance is allowed to do the purge or Taurajo why aren’t they allowed to be portrayed as villains just as much for these actions right?

My response to you is that is because the Horde does equally bad actions like Hillsbrad questing or Andorhal and they are not villainized for it either. You are asking for an unfair treatment.
If you want Taurajo to become something Alliance is shamed for like Horde narratively like Teldrassil or Theramore then Southshore, ethnic cleansing of Hillsbrad and Andorhal should get equal exposure.
But I think thats dumb and retroactively going back on those events solves nothing.

So its best for the Horde to have equal tragedies that are comparable to Theramore or Teldrassil and have the story actually allow Andiun to come up with some better incidents than frigging Arthas.

Wrong. That is not what I said.
I said the only faction that gets its moral purity is the one that is not allowed to do the teldrassil/theramore.
I never once said the words “After those events” I have no idea where you got that interpretation from.

What you may be referring to is the entire faction gets shamed and blamed for the evil actions but we both know that as always only the warchief is at fault and the Horde are the poor shmucks that got tricked into being bad.

1 Like

No. You just have to commit more grey actions, and less pure-white actions.

7 Likes

Or hell, just have the meta story acknowledge the darker gray actions they already do.

9 Likes

realistically, all the Alliance needs is less open justification for their atrocities. Whenever the Alliance punches back, it’s always great stuff but it always feels deserved because they’re reactionary rather than proactive.

BfA’s war campaign was amazing for portraying the Alliance because you do all sorts of horrible things, but it’s rationalized as heroism and good deeds.

Realistically, the Horde should be experiencing the same thing during their questing experience but the narrative prefers the Horde feels bad and the Alliance is vindicated for doing whatever they want.

11 Likes

[edit: play about 70% of the time alliance lately]

It’s all about execution. But it would be nice for both factions to have their “do odd stuff” races. On the alliance side, maybe dark iron would be a group of “we had to learn to do rough stuff / cooperate with the twilight hammer”. And maybe a bit more tame with, say, draenei being “curiosity killed a cat” with having good intentions, but being ok with overlooking the potential risks.

Oh well, maybe some day, maybe in another timeline.

I’d want to revive the kaldorei empire with more members at this point TBH, instead of “human potential”. WoW was based on the W3 legacy, not the W2 one.

Is it fun though?

gl hf

Bro. I quoted you. Here it is again in case you missed it :point_down:

If you mistyped that’s fine, but I responded to what you actually posted. And what you posted is that the Horde got to maintain its moral integrity/purity after theramore/BoT, which is, again, patently false.

LOL.

No.

Saving a bunch of orphans from a burning building several times and then randomly setting an orphanage on fire with people inside of it doesn’t make you morally gray.

It’s not a hard concept. I’ve already stated that gray events that stick over time will make the faction more gray.

But, no. The only way to make the Alliance gray is to absolutely have them do a Theramore/BoT type event against the Horde in your head. This has nothing to do with adding much needed grayness to the Alliance and everything to do with you just wanting to make Horde more miserable because, as you’ve admitted, you don’t think the Horde has suffered enough.

Again, false.

:pancakes:

7 Likes

Of course. Something Blizzard has been bad at lately.

Again, my hesitation here is that these races would be used as scapegoats.

Yes, that.

2 Likes

Fair enough. More shades for all races / cultures would’ve been great. But we’re so far deep in the “leader = race” state, that I am not even sure if it’s doable with the devs there are nowadays.

gl hf

2 Likes

Oh, the feeling of shame. Disgusting, unpleasant, and so on.
Uh-huh.
Okay. No more shame. To meet the need for a lack of oppressive content, the Horde player will not be able to visit or even approach Orgrimmar within the maximum draw range. During this time, Alliance players will be given the War of Thorns experience, but Orgrimmar will be besieged. Okay?
No, though. The impossibility of getting closer is not that. Absolute obscurity is the topic. After accepting the quest, the whole world turns black, only vague outlines of the landscape are visible to the player, all NPCs are clouds of fog, all quests are expressed exclusively in the form of a task - kill X, bring Y, look Z. That’s what it says.
Fearless goggles. At the slightest danger, they turn completely black.

The few times the Alliance actually even do something questionable then at later date it’s shown in a favorable light, or even shifting the blame.
See Genn attacking the Forsaken ships trying to get Sylvanas despite them technically being in a truce against the legion, but it’s fine because later it’s revealed that Sylvanas did some shady stuff that no one knew about, not even Genn when he attacked.

Or in Cataclysm where the Horde is painted as the aggressor, despite it being Varian that actually declared war against the Horde back in wotlk (which is why we even fight in the ICC raid).

Or Alliance spies killing goblin miners in Silithus before Azerite was widely known.
Now some people claim it’s fine because surely the Horde would only use it for evil, or that they deserved it since the goblins attacked the explorer’s league, but the league didn’t even arrive at Silithus until much later after the goblins already fought with the spies.
The truth is that they killed Horde miners during peacetime.

Or it’s just never mentioned again, like the Alliance trying to sink the goblin boat back in cata, and then even sending men to the islands the goblins crashed at to kill any witnesses.
Or another BFA example where the Dark Irons kill hundreds of goblin miners with a molten lava elemental.

At this point, I just think the Alliance dislikes the goblins really.

14 Likes

Stephen King?

Is this moment equal to Talanji’s capture? After all, the Zandalari declared war on the whole world in MoP, after which there was no act of truce or peace between them and everyone else, no?

I’m not sure how they’re related?

I do not understand.

Is that his name Stefan? Not Stephen?
…
Interesting. Steve. Steven King.

It will be possible to get rid of the accusation of unmotivated attack on the Zandalari, because they declared war first.

I mean clearly capturing Talanji is not unmotivated, it’s the princess of a hostile kingdom for the Alliance. And I do not fault them for it. But of course the zandalari would be pissed too.

It’s why I don’t count that to the list of bad things the Alliance has done.

1 Like

In Russian, his … name (Stephen) is written and sounds through “ive”. St - ive - n. There is also St - efa - n.
…
After all, “ph” reads “f”, right?

Yes.

Instead of a dull sound, a voiced one is used. Yes.
Stiven.

So. Why was Stephen King mentioned?