People who hate this game with every fiber of their being

Complaining about issues? It’s not just fine to do so, it’s healthy.

But there are people who are active on this forum, some of which are probably reading / posting in this very thread, who complain about WoW on multiple alts daily. It’s like a full time job for them.
Boggles my mind.

7 Likes

You still don’t get it they only claim they hate the game why cause it gets responses. I just find it amusing people say clean up forums why it’s all bait threads same with streamers and on and on. White knighters do the same be faking blizz is perfect it’s great entertainment.

2 Likes

/shrug

I’m subbed to play WotLK classic, so I may as well post.

I haven’t played retail in any meaningful capacity since the first few months of Legion, other than some free-to-play level 20s during the pandemic. Haven’t purchased an xpac since.

3 Likes

This is definitely a factor too.

This place is a cesspool of lonely losers looking for a way to make anyone feel anything about them, and the easiest way to do that is make people angry at you by saying stupid baity nonsense.

That was interesting for sure. I don’t really care either way, I don’t even do all the WQs on the bi weekly reset.

One of my fondest forum memories was near the start of WoD. Oh boy, that was dramatic on both sides. I remember blues even getting snarky in GD.

1 Like

Eh, I hate social media. So guess what. I have zero social media accounts. I had to leave this board for a few months even, but now I’m back and just overall more thoughtful of what I post. As for the game, it was GREAT to take several months break but at the end of it all I decided I wanted to level and play this character.

I’ve been here since 07. That’s a long time. Even if I did have issue with some of the things in game (for instance I’ve just never cared about ‘the lore’), the fact is playing this game is like going home for me. It’s very familiar and I know exactly where I stand at any given time. I don’t do the toughest content, but I stay in my lane and I suspect I could potentially play until the servers shut down.

I never planned for it to be this way. This is so not the game I thought I’d be playing for like half my adult life. Yet here I am, and there’s now a familiarity that can, on its own, draw me back even if I think broad aspects of the game aren’t really firing for me.

3 Likes

So you do think we have 12 million players… interesting…

You make the best threads here. it’s the only one existing here with no bickering. You achieved greatness here.

2 Likes

I think you are misinterpreting people’s intent when they say they “hate everything” about this game. For a lot of players, they hate the direction that Blizzard has taken the game in the last 5-6 years.

I don’t hate Blizzard, for example. They made my favorite game and keep it working (well enough) to keep me entertained. I do, however, hate the how openly Blizzard has adopted EGS/DEI and in turn what they have taken out and put into the game that I also hate.

As for hating WoW, I don’t know I could say I hate WoW. I hate WoW’s end game rat race. I hate the lack of care towards PvP. I hate the story direction after WoD.

But I also love how well WoW plays, I love the basic gameplay loop of WoW (quest, dungeon, raid), I like the added customizations even if some of them seem a little non-sensible.

Maybe I’m not who you’re referring to.

I think you mean “a $hill”
and yeah there are a ton of them here working in conjunction with the moderators to bring you a sanitized version of ‘content & satisfied’ (“non-employee”) customers.

HOWEVER, many are employees masquerading as non-employee players & running to the defense of their precious multi million dollar company overlords & their inconsiderate & self serving agendas which clearly demonstrate zero point zero concern with the way they impact on the customers who keep this game on life support.

5 Likes

Exit speech would presume actually exiting though.

There are people here who have had nothing positive to say for years.

I don’t mind the people who give their exit speech and leave, or the people who offer fair criticism. It’s the ones who whine over and over and over again but they’re still here.

No one has to be here.

3 Likes

This is social media, YouTube is social media, steam forum is social media, any game forum is social media. I think discord counts as social media. You sure you have zero accounts?

1 Like

many who do exit speeches are recommended to by the unsub tool

2 Likes

I’ve been on these forums since vanilla and I can’t think of a single person that fits this description.

I think you guys are blending people together or assuming someone that complains until their sub runs out is “sticking around.”

It’s exciting when you see irony in the wild.

1 Like

But there’s a difference between all that and what OP is saying where there’s people who practically hates the game or think other games are better, yet still stay here. And it’s not exactly subtle on what they think about this game.

Were both (me and OP) are talking about the people who says “Oh this game sucks, yada, yada” and etc. Giving no constructive feedback there.

Right on man. I got fed up and left a few years ago. Some time during Legion x pack. recently started missing the game and made a new trial account and saw that there was some big and pretty cool changes, even on a trial. Higher money cap and I could play in any x pack I wanted except the current one and most of it was scaled to my level. Still a lot of silly needless level gating on objects/quest items but was way better than before.

Any evidence for this conspiracy theory?

Someone disagreeing with you doesn’t mean they’re a “bLiZzArD eMpLoYeE”

2 Likes

i have heated takes. thats not trolling

i just have popular opinions that others are afraid of posting

The line between Hate and Love is razor thin.

1 Like