People opposed to Convenant lockins

Oh ok so since classes have player power and the class theme are tied to eachother it removes player agency and therefore is anti-rpg. This is ridiculous.

Ah sorry you were talking about conduits, I thought you linked me that talent tree with the skills with the end of it.

Being able to switch covenants would be a feature, being locked into one is a restriction. Nobody is forcing you to switch covenants. It literally does not affect you and your love affair with the lore, you can just lock yourself into a covenant if it matters that much to you. However it does effect everyone else that doesn’t want to have to roll a different character for every role and spec of the class they want to play.

Here we see the shill caught in an obvious lie, trying to slime his way out of embarrassment by making a totally incoherent and ignorant statement and then imply the person he is quoting is the dumb one.

Classes have more than a single spell and have multiple talents they can swap around to change their effectiveness in multiple scenarios.

Covenants have a single ability.

Soulbinds and conduits literally work together. The soulbind tree is where you slot in conduits, on a path based on the category of conduits and the path you select.

Do you even have Beta ?

They should put a poll up on Covenants being locked.

Settle this once and for all.

1 Like

No it would not

No, the friction is part of the covenant feature, just like the impossibility to switch classes is a part of the class feature.

And no body is forcing you to switch classes, but it would be absurd to have a class switching system.

Yeah and the class locking system does doesn’t affect you but it does affect the person who wants to play the demon hunter aestetic but want to heal. Makes no sense right?

Sure dude, such an obvious lie, I’m so slimy and ignorant and incoherent! Have any more personal attacks, I’m starting to enjoy them. Ooh I’m so dirty!!!

They literally did a survey :

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/covenants-and-your-spec-a-survey/616438

Not good enough.

We need everyone’s opinion.

Not the selective from the beta.

And this is relevant because? How is this not special pleading?

Dude, I didn’t clicked on your link, I thought you linked one thing and you linked the other, it was a mistake, time to let it go.

:white_check_mark: .000001 wow tokens has been deposited into your account

Is this what you wanted to be when you grew up?

Seriously wtf are you even talking about here?

So were talent points anti-RPG then? Seems a bit counter intuitive for a RPG to give the player so many conveniences with nothing in return.

Using your argument against you

HAHAHAHAHA is that really what you thought you were doing?

Well, you can hand wave dismiss it if you want, but the argument still stands. If you apply your logic to classes you will see how ridiculous your argument is.

The system is horrifically bad for people who multi spec you know

I think where that’s where a lot of the rage is going to come from

Also when people want to swap things around are going to hit a wall of rage

1 Like

Only if you assume that is not going to be balanced. No system in the game can work if not balanced.

Are they? If you regret your covenant you can switch and you will have a very fast catch up.

already did several posts ago

You don’t have an argument, you have a nonsensical false equivalence.

LOL Blizzard has never ever ever created a “balanced” system.

2 weeks = “very fast”

So we don’t need the opinion from people who’ve actually tested the covenants, but we need the opinion of people who haven’t? Where’s the logic in that?

I’m sure the million or so players not on the beta are familiar with what its like to have absurd restrictions put on them by now.

What we don’t need right now are uninformed opinions.

It’s relevant because you can’t compare Covenant choice to Class choice. Covenants lock you into a single ability. Classes don’t. Classes have a wide range of tools.

Not until you admit you were grossly uninformed.

Talent points didn’t force you into a particular story, so no.

Why should my choice of following a story path make me uncompetitive in PvP ? It’s a story path, it should be a story path.

No, frankly, I think it’s bad because it forces you to make a choice based on power, but affects how you experience the game’s story, which is ridiculous.