People opposed to Convenant lockins

Only if you assume that is not going to be balanced. No system in the game can work if not balanced.

Are they? If you regret your covenant you can switch and you will have a very fast catch up.

already did several posts ago

You don’t have an argument, you have a nonsensical false equivalence.

LOL Blizzard has never ever ever created a “balanced” system.

2 weeks = “very fast”

:white_check_mark: .000001 wow tokens has been deposited into your account

So we don’t need the opinion from people who’ve actually tested the covenants, but we need the opinion of people who haven’t? Where’s the logic in that?

I’m sure the million or so players not on the beta are familiar with what its like to have absurd restrictions put on them by now.

What we don’t need right now are uninformed opinions.

It’s relevant because you can’t compare Covenant choice to Class choice. Covenants lock you into a single ability. Classes don’t. Classes have a wide range of tools.

Not until you admit you were grossly uninformed.

Talent points didn’t force you into a particular story, so no.

Why should my choice of following a story path make me uncompetitive in PvP ? It’s a story path, it should be a story path.

No, frankly, I think it’s bad because it forces you to make a choice based on power, but affects how you experience the game’s story, which is ridiculous.

Well, nothing can be perfectly balanced in an rpg, specially when they are subjective. And balance will always skew to one side or the other the other the higher you go on content dificulty. But they seem to be pretty good at achieving balance on all the contents that offer rewards.

2 weeks if you want to go back and forward. You are not supposed to do that. If you regret your choice and want to switch it can be done in an instant.

And how is this wide range of tools relevant to this discussion? I not only can compare the 2 but I am comparing the 2, and this comparison was also made by the wow devs. So I don’t understand why are you saying I can’t.

I am not, and me thinking it is a link when it is in fact another does not point to me being misinformed at all. You seem to be implying I was not aware of the soulbind trees, which is something I gave no indication of.

It’s the path you chose to take. Part of a story is the consequences of what you choose, after all.

Thinking their should be no cons in a choice just makes you sound spoiled.

1 Like

The one week lock out is going to be the kicker unless we can do it a few times; I think the problem will stem from conduit swapping which has a week long cool down

So that’s going to require two soul bind trees and you may strongly prefer one soul bind over another

This will also limit people wanting to try different conduits as they won’t be able to swap back

This is also problematic for people who play different specs as they will need to swap conduits and won’t be able to swap back

Then we run into the issue of if something is wildly good for pvp and we do arena it’s going to be pretty hard to having to avoid shifting over to that

You can think the system is good but it’s hard to deny that it’s going to have flaws that will lead to player frustrations

Why should picking a class make you uncompetitive in pvp?

1 Like

“That’s right! Screw you kiddo! I’m getting everything I want out of this expac and the fact that you aren’t makes you an ungrateful brat.”

You must be loads of fun to play with.

It shouldn’t! Pvp should be celebrated as a central gameplay mechanic alongside questing dungeons and raiding that offers its own path to forward progression.

I’ll give you an example

Let’s say you want to play an outlaw rogue and you really want to go venthyr

You get door of shadows, we already have a better door of shadows

You get a spiced up ambush that removes wound poison so you won’t use it at all, we also require stealth to use it and generally we will cheap shot out of stealth

So we get two completely useless abilities

Now let’s say I’m facing a nercolord rogue in its current state

I can’t sap or stun them if they have the shield up, I can’t ambush them because it turn into slaughter which will remove my wound poison

They on the other hand can put a dot on me I can’t get off and won’t be able to use stealth for the rest of the game and have a DRAMATIC advantage in the opener

That’s not balanced, not even close

1 Like

Never happened and never will happen.

Totally not re-enforcing the spoiled part, by the way.

1 Like

I have no issues with story consequences to story choices. That’s the definition of playing a role.

Being completely uncompetitive in an unrelated part of the game for a story choice is asinine.

1 Like

Then you’re playing the wrong genre, my dude. If your looking for balance, play a MOBA.

1 Like

No, I’m looking to play an RPG. I’ve literally never played an RPG where a story choice made you unable to do as much overall DPS or healing.

Fallout
Skyrim
ESO
Final Fantasy Anything
Guild Wars

I can keep going.

None of them have story choices that lower or increase my DPS in content.

Are you truly not aware that you can level to 120 and through pvp alone? with heirlooms and the xp buff its faster than questing and dungeons. You can also gear up to pre pre pre bis before having to run mythics, which is something most pvp’ers are not playing the game for.

So yes, it is happening and has always been happening. Why do you think people do the rank 14 grind in classic? Such ignorance.

Fallout - You attack the Brotherhood or any other group, you lose the benefits of those groups.

Skyrim - You kill the Dark Brotherhood, you miss out on the unique and powerful gear for sneaking classes.

ESO - Your choice in faction actually dictates how effective you are.

Stop while you’re ahead.

Covenants are not classes. Enough with the apple and oranges comparisson

2 Likes