People don't bother learning how to play anymore

And people wonder why Raider IO exists. Im not even doing M+s this expansion and I support it. Welfare purples raining from the sky have made everything very misleading. When you ask them to get better they throw a fit, when you ask for a specific score to weed out those players they throw a fit. People want carries

Oh, um. Gee, I don’t. Now I wonder if it’s my memory or if you’re teasing me. Honestly, could be both. :slightly_smiling_face:

Or I am remembering the wrong person :frowning:

Never mind.

Uhmmm
 yes? Lol. Is this even a debatable question? Why shouldn’t someone get gear that distinguishes them from people who don’t do the content? Raiding has always been the root of WoW and thought processes like this and TF/WF are a serious bane to this game. Why should you even have the CHANCE to get mythic/heroic raid gear if you dont do the content? If you dont like raiding that’s fine, enjoy your subpar gear. The sense of entitlement some people have is absolutely palpable lol.

1 Like

funny thing is
a game like WoW CAN listen to the 1%, the casual, and the non pve playerbase.

pvp Bg/arena, normal/heroic/mythic, etc.

WoW is the type of game where you can LITERALLY tune/build content FOR the x% playerbase w/o harming the others.

want content to be harder in a specific part? add in a zone wide aura that modifies dmg/health/healing/etc.

Want PvP balanced? Design every player skill to have an effect that modifies based on if it hits a random mob or a player/pet. (many other games actually do it this way becasue it works) pvp talents are step in right direction, but it can be refined way more.

WoW HAS the resources to do this and cater to EVERY part of its playerbase.
They choose not to :confused:

while not AS into em as early 2000’s they are still popular.

so
 my friends 80 yr old mother cant play WoW? my married cousin cant play WoW?

SUre, ppl do get other enjoyable parts of life and may conflict with their gaming time, HOWEVER doesnt mean they cant enjoy the game. Many do.

except it doesnt efefct me in long run?

I have plenty of other games I enjoy apart from WoW.

It effects the company by not listening and their (possible) player loss, profit, etc only efefct them and shareholders/investors/etc. Its in THE companies best interests to change for their own sake.

companies dont always know best. We have multiple examples of this.

FF14 v1.0? if the devs didnt listen the game would likely of died in a year and wouldnt be around yet.

BF2? yeah
EA learned hard way you dont do some crap w/o repercussions.

Destiny 2 when they tried to move content behind seasonpass when it was available on launch? guess what they reversed?

and you have lesser events similar to the Diablo blizzcon event
will/is the mobile game bad and possibly flop? Not my place to say, but the evet it end did show how out of touch they are (and it isnt just random ppl who agree on this as ppl who worked for company in past have agreed.)

this is the truth most ignore.

it was entirely designed for ppl who dont have the time nor the effort req to experience the games content.

and those who QQ about it in first palce
are really weird considering its entirely optional.

You can raid Mythic + w/o ever stepping foot into LFR.

issue here has 1 big issue.

LFR = u can leave whenever.
normal+ ppl will rage at you for messing up and if your not part of the raid tiers launching month then you dont get groups becasue they expect ppl to outgear the content by then.

this isnt an issue blizzard can fix as its entirely a community created problem.

Maybe you should try to word your arguments better? Because I gave an example of the two main features in this game, PvP and PvE.

To be fair on heroic or normal i only need a lock to place the gates and live long enough for me to use them for that orb dunk!

Pfft half the time when I run LFR I get 0 gear drops, just augment runes, azerite shards, and gold. Would love to run harder difficulties of raids if I could get into a decent group for it. I try to improve myself and learn my class (BfA is the first xpac I have been primarily playing a tank so still learning tanking as opposed to mainly being a DPS) but it isn’t exactly a cake walk when you don’t have anyone willing to give you CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and feedback on what you are doing right and what you need to improve on. Instead you just get “OMG U SUK!” and “just kick them since they aren’t at the top of the meters!”

I do find it entertaining though

2 Likes

My seldom played 120 is almost 380 and hasn’t even done ghuun on LFR or ever done a mythic dungeon. I think warfronts are good because I can get a 385 item from those and get back to PVP and won’t be there to mess up your precious raids and dungeons. Its best to keep people like me who can’t be bothered to learn pve mechanics away from dungeons and raids, by giving them an alternative.

BFA is a dividing expansion between casual and hardcore, people were mad that they dumbed down the game for casual, the only thing you’d get is “they dumbed down this game for you and you still have issue?”.

Just go back to your Island and warfront.

Right and in season 2, the gear goes up to 415, so that 370 is more like today’s 340
 the weirdness was the delay between 8.1’s two launch dates. I like to think of it as Jan 22 is the real launch of 8.1, and that makes the gear progression work better with M+ being way more important than WQs, etc.

You are the problem because you are so clueless it is not funny. You think there’s should be some kind of challenge to get gear that is 100% meaningless. There is zero character progression because with every expansion they reset everything and change all the mechanics. You are the one who has no idea that what you do does not require any skill now or in the past. This game is nothing more than a grind fest for keeping suckers like you online thinking you are accomplishing something when you are clearly blind to the fact that there is zero progression whatsoever and you just restart the game every expansion. MMOs and this game died long ago when the gear grinding hamster wheel started.

Wake up you are arguing a meaningless point.

it means he may have been running orbs on a fight where your DPS almost doesn’t matter at all until the second laser hits. Or he died for any number of reasons because the logs average over the whole fight whether or not you’re up.

Im no where near an elitist. I still find it ridiculous that i can get decent gear without setting foot in a raid. Every tier that was one of my goals to try and get better so I could see if I could get aotc without asking for help from one of my friends. (I dont like guilds i pug) Now I dont even see a point in having a main since i have nothing to work for. (No class mogs or tier bonuses to work towards too) My altoholism has been left unchecked. So now I will just stick to being a wh*** in the sims 4 when im not leveling countless alts. Thanks blizz.

The potatoes are also the ones calling for RaiderIO to be banned, they don’t like getting filtered out for being bad.

1 Like

The problem with your thinking is that those players are seldom to non existent these days. That need vanilla or bc progression. Players would rather drop out of a plane and should people in a battle royal then level up then out together a 40 man raid to take down an npc.

Raiding is great its a big part of the game and the story. But far more playable game modes have came out since like pvp and m+

They were trying to make objective based pvp island expeditions but they were pretty novice but a cool idea. If they had more playable game modes in WoW a streamer could log in and hit the quick play button if they liked and would be in a rated que, people would see that and say hey, I could do that too.

They are coming out with classic WoW that people will get to play and I will probably play my self. But the modern WoW could skyrocket. With more playable game modes. If they made classes more customizable and it was all more accessible to more players.

This one I can answer. Item level scaling. If Blizzard would stop messing around with that, folks who are 325 wouldn’t get trucked out in the world. Hell, it’s not exactly easy for a lot of specs/classes at 340. 370 you pretty much feel like you can take care of yourself. So I understand why they want it. Other than the “Oh look at my pretty shinies!” thing anyway.

And again, it comes down to being Blizzard’s fault. No matter what issue is brought up, repeatedly, and beaten like a dead horse, repeatedly, in the end the fault lies with Blizzard, repeatedly. The list of things Blizzard has messed up in the last few expacs, going back to WotLK imo but that’s my opinion, is pretty much endless. Some things would show up on some folk’s list. And others would show up on yet another group’s list. Just the way of the world. But almost everyone agrees that things have gone wrong and need to be addressed. It’s just the details that get fought over.

1 Like

Every time I read this I wonder
 Just what is your definition of caught up? Seriously interested.