People don't bother learning how to play anymore

The OP’s point is to make it harder for non-raiders to get gear. Nothing else.

2 Likes

Ok My two cents… Making the sky rain epics has messed up the game there is no sense of progression… But nonetheless i believe in letting others play how they want… example a hunter in my guild she has a 376il nvr raided nvr stepped foot in a higher than a +2 but thinks shes hot Sh… because of her leet IL well if it wasn’t for all the free gear in this game she would be lucky to be 325… and for the life of me why do questers need 370+ gear but hey its not my game its the casuals and since they run it iv decided to join them…

1 Like

I don’t find this thread to be very constructive.

It usually isnt when personal attacks are involved.

3 Likes

No OP’s point is to make rewards proportionate to the effort needed. Currently you can afk for 15 min in Darkshore and get the same reward as killing mythic G’Huun. Is that right?

It would be like paying a doctor and a McDonalds employee the same wages. Effort should be rewarded.

7 Likes

i agree 100% with this…

1 Like

Nope. But I’m sure the usual casual crew that posts on GD will defend it.

Currently you can afk for 15 min in Darkshore and get the same reward as killing mythic G’Huun. Is that right?

No it isnt

Theres an AFK timer and kick system

Sorry, but this Darkshore gear you are talking about is now part of the catch up system for the next raid tier.

2 Likes

Why should people that put in no effort need raid gear???

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but no. We will have had Darkshore warfront for 1.5 months when Siege of Dazar releases, and Uldir for 4 months. Having it out for half the raid tier is not a catch up mechanic.

1 Like

Why should people that put in no effort need raid gear???

It isnt “raid gear”?

1 Like

Since there are no tier sets anymore and the Azerite gear in raid has the same traits as the warfront gear, it is in fact raid gear. The Darkshore world boss gear actually has a “Heroic” label on it.

I was in an island expedition the other day with a BM hunter who was running around shooting stuff without their pet out. As long as they kept getting carried I’m not sure they knew they were doing anything wrong.

For what? LFR Battle of Dazar’alor?

If you’re in combat you can’t afk. I personally kite a mob into the cave with triple resounding protection and just let him auto attack me without ever getting through the shield. Easy way to afk.

There are ways around that… there always has been

Of course it is, it came out with 8.1 the patch that contains the next raid tier. They are delaying the next raid tier (Battle of Dazar’alor Raid) until 22nd.

1 Like

And why exactly do people need Mythic raid quality loot to ”catch up?” Pretty sure the next LFR will require 350 item level, that should be the gear level for all these catch up mechanics.

1 Like

The way warfronts work right now, they need to drop LFR quality gear within the current raid tier

It is normal quality loot for the next raid which becomes the current tier on the 22nd.

1 Like