People are so mad that an AV might last 30m instead of 6m

Hate AV racing atm.

When the racing is done and people actually want to play the objectives, I will return.

1 Like

There is FAR less incentive to camp flight paths, there dosen’t need to be a direct change to fix an issue, the addition of BG’s was enough to kill WPvP. If you cant handle the remaining little bit of people still doing it, it’s time to transfer servers.

But thats what causes the 10v40 - the game started with giving 40 ques out to each faction but 30 alliance left the q- the game timer starts after the first player enters. The game then needs to find the next 30 that qued but the game has already started.

What this change will do is hold the gates from opening until it has even players. (i hope)

2 Likes

That was part of the beauty of early AV. All of the content that slowed down the pace of the game allowed lower levels time to do the ram/wolf quests and other objectives like mines. They had a meaningful impact on the overall struggle.

The current state of the BG is very unfriendly to that, to the extent that you mention. Lower levels are outright vilified because they slow down the clownish meta.

1 Like

Aye, which is how it was supposed to work, if I’m not mistaken.

At the very least, there’s less reason to drop your queue now since you won’t really know what game you’re in, so that will happen less, anyway.

Granted, I don’t really solo queue much, anyway, so it never happened to me. Hell, if anything, I’d be pretty happy to join a game and be the only one there. I’m either, A) not going to have a ton of random noobs turtling the game and delaying the loss, or B) going to get lucky and have a premade join shortly before the gates open.

True, except for a short period before the release of BGs Vanilla, IMO, was the worst release for PvP. Pretty much every expansion had better PvP than Vanilla. I really don’t get where all this “great Vanilla PvP” comes from.

Not in vanilla - the system wouldnt pop a q until both sides had atleast 20. Then it would take players at a 1 for 1. The issue here is it offered 40 to each faction and the game starts but because 30 alliance left the game is already underway.

1 Like

It speaks to just how little they acknowledge the non-premade players. All they see is how the premades gave them some ridiculous reparations or affirmative action they felt entitled to. Not a care whatsoever about how they screwed the ranking system for their entire faction and those getting stuck in the single digit alliance teams in AV. That poster is also completely ignoring that both factions were doing death blobs and the other activities in P2, she/he/it is pinning solely on the horde.

1 Like

Right… which is what they’re fixing. I quoted the blue post regarding that.

Maybe I misread what you said at some point?

Well, yeah, so what is going to happen is that it’ll take those initial 20 to start the game rather than the full 40, or however many, all at once.

1 Like

You either have zero idea of what is going on or are just plain ignorant.

In vanilla the game wouldnt offer an av q until atleast 20 players from each faction where in the pool. The games internal timer would start ticking as soon as the first player clicked accept. The game would start (gate opens) regardless of how many actual players were inside (as is working right now).

The change.

The game offers a q to 20-40 players from each faction. The games internal timer doest not start/gate wont open, until atleast 20 of each faction are inside meaning those dropping q to premade, the game wont start and will continue to fill until its even

Why should I apologize for something that is part of the game. I love pvp but not to the point I would roll on a pvp server and deal with rogues or alliance death squads.

It’s why I rolled on a pve server I knew what to expect on a pvp server.

1 Like

Do not be ridiculous. Alliance rogues camping FPs and rolling death blobs are myths.

1 Like

Yes, I do recall them resetting! It’s been a while, and I was wondering how accurate my memory of this was.

The battle ground was essentially the same. We actually played the game and used a strategy that could flex, depending on what the other team did.

Capping towers make the guards in the boss’s room go away. Yes, things are much easier without them (provided you’re not using a gimmick pull.)

Hey man, you asked. Turning in marks also grants experience and rep. Yes… this is slow, but viable leveling strategy (the rep helps many of us grab some great items and a slightly cheaper mount after 60.) Besides, Alliance behaviors encourage this. Instant queue, not being welcome by the “level 60 100% mount” crowd… Yeah I usually attempted PvP until I was camped. Then I’d recall and farm the cave to make it worth my time being in there. #NoChanges?

One more point regarding leveling in BGs - They did remove marks from the game as a whole, but made it so Battlegrounds do grant experience. (In short, I think my logic is quite sound.)

See above.

It is their game, bud. We have no ownership of it - we only pay for a license to use the game. I’d like for the game to be as “unchanged” as possible. Bugs and exploits should be fixed in any situation, and toxic behaviors should be discouraged.

Yeah, I usually don’t hear Horde players complaining about my thoughts on AV. Strangely, I also never really hear them complain about sub-60 players or those who don’t have epic mounts.

You know, I ended up landing in a premade match that waited for the slow mounts, regardless of their level. It was highly organized, friendly, and absolutely dominated. I must have snagged 10k honor from that match. There have been many other premade matches that I landed in that did not really value teamwork outside the “meta.” The slow folks were bait and told they didn’t belong. Not surprisingly, these had a tendency to lose!

Yes… this goes to show that you really were part of the problem, and why you lack empathy towards those who repeatedly got screwed. The AFK/fishing problems probably wouldn’t exist if being screwed by a premade team didn’t happen so frequently. The moral of the Alliance players is low, but the rep rewards encourage folks to at least hit exalted with Stormpike. We really are dealing with a player-created problem that’s based on exploits/cheating. Again, I’m glad it’s being fixed!

1 Like

I played on an Alliance-heavy server. Phase 2 did impact my choices of where/when/how to level, but not nearly as much as it did on other servers.

I’d say that the WPvP has ramped up in recent weeks, however. Horde have much longer queue times, so they go to places like Light’s Hope Chapel, Everlook, Gadgetzan or Blackrock Mountain to farm HKs while they wait.

Well now I know who did 40man warmode raids in bfa. Rofl . Precious

Must be nice. The only time we had any actual wpvp was the day of the bwl attune release when an alliance guild held the ubrs ledge for a few hours.

I think people are mad they are going to have to be in the same match as ppl who constantly AFK and Bot like how the Horde have…

One was PvP on PvP servers, the other is circumventing the game preventing you from queueing as a group to get premades in AV. Also known as exploiting.

lol this makes no sense at all

1 Like

It sucks, but we deal with it. Yall will be fine.

I did hop from Stalagg to Heartseeker after the first week. Queue time were terrible, and the Horde that made it to 60 really quickly didn’t have as much to do until others caught up. So, they camped Duskwood, Red Ridge, Ashenvale and Hillsbrad, making it impossible for Alliance to level.

If you started on a horde-heavy server, this is probably why the Alliance cleared out.